Onboard charger ?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catmankev, Apr 14, 2008.

1. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have a 2 bank Duo Pro charger that is a year old. Recently, when it reaches a full charge it starts humming. I have never noticed this before. Is this normal or is there a problem?

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I have two of Dual Pros chargers and both of them "hum". What are you status lights telling you when the batteries reach full charge? If you think there is a problem call the factory. They will help you figure out if you have a problem or not. Some of the best customer service I have gotten.:big_smile:

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Just got one of them dude's:big_smile: Doesn't hummmmmmm:smile2: Gander Mtn. decided to mark them 39.99:wink::smile2::eek:oooh: Went a round with the manager on that one:tounge_out: He wasn't pleased but i got one for 39.99:wink:

4. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Thanks David, it displays a green LED. That's the only time I've noticed humming. Just checked their website's FAQ's, They say it's normal.

5. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Your welcome. It took some time before I ever noticed it with my first one. I was looking for it or knew it would be there with the second one.:big_smile: With my lid's closed I can't hear it unless it is dead silent.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wish I could help ya out but i dont have one but sure someone on here can help you

7. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I had a dual charger that hummed. I exchanged for one that new the words.....:wink:Just kidding. My does the same. It went out on me a few years back. I called the company and they sent me a new one before I can send the old one back. Great service.