On to the next event!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Dec 30, 2007.

Who wins?

1. BJ Penn

2. Joe "daddy" Stevenson

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well Lidell and Silva have duked it out along with Hughes and GSP. I still would have rather seen Hughes and Serra get it on though.

Anyhow, BJ Penn is looking to put Joe Stevenson out of the way. I really am looking forward to this fight! I love to watch BJ kick butt but I also think that Joe has not gotten his due in terms of popularity. Both are excellent grapplers but it's my opinion that BJ is the better of the two both on the ground and standing.

What do you all think?

2. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    B.J Penn is not unbeatable but I wouldn't argue that he is unbreakable. He has been in some positions that would have broken most fighters. He has the flexibility that allows him to pull off moves that nobody has seen. I think that this is more a test for "Daddy" then it is for Penn. I think it will be Penn by submission!

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree 100%!! I think that Sherk and BJ wuld be a more exciting fight but I really am interested to see this one go to the ground.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gonna have to go with Penn. I'm not a fan of his, but like GSP, he will be very hard to beat. Daddy will have his work cut out of him because Penn don't just quit due to a few punches. He will have to be KOd, or submitted, and both will be very difficult IMO.

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i think both of these guys are overrated. stevenson is a descent fighter but he really hasnt fought anybody. penn was good in his heyday but besides the pulver joke of a fight, when was the last time he fought anybody? this division is probably the best there is in the ufc. there is a lot of talent in it. i would much rather see roger huerta and kenny florian duke it out for the interim than these two. huerta can beat both of them.

6. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I like both fighters, but pullin for BJ. He's got to be my all time fav. This should be an awsome fight.

7. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    depends what bj penn shows up. if he trains like he should then noone can beat him. his last few fights he man handled hughes and st pierre until he ran out of gas. anyone that watches the fights can see that before he runs out of gas he has no problems with anyone he fights. i think he has more skills than anyone in the octagon as far as stand up and his jujitsu is out of this world

8. noodlin Will

noodlin Will New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was very impressed with joe after the coscheck win then coscheck lost his next fight and took the luster off that win but bj has always impressed with his ability and HE IS TOUGH dont ever dought that about bj.

9. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    Who are you calling on the Gonzaga vs Werdum fight?
    This fight is going to be GOOD! Both of them are good on the ground. But Gonzaga has been doing some serious damage on his feet. In my opinion that is where Werdum needs the most work. This is a chance for Gonzaga to get revenge for his loss to Randy. But more so his loss to Werdum in the past. Again in my opinion, Werdum does not handle the constant in your face style of stand up very well that Gonzaga can bring. So I am calling Gonzaga by KO! No matter who wins this one will most definitely be worth watching!

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I respect your opinion but I gotta respectfully disagree!:smile2: Bj has been a force in MMA all over the place! He has beaten up guys in both UFC as well as other organizations. He also gave Matt Hughes a bit of a prboblem in their 2nd fight until he got tired. I think that if he had been in better shape, he would have won that fight too. Stevenson has been in the shadows for years but he still is pretty well known on the "king of the cage" circuit as well. I would like to see Huerta fight either of them also. I like to watch him fight too!

I agree 100%!!! The thought that comes to mind though now that you got me thinking is that I dont think that Bj would do very well against GSP:eek:oooh:????

11. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    did u watch there fight? penn had gsp bleeding really bad with a broke nose in the first few minutes. gsp couldnt take him down it was like he ran into a brick wall. then the third round they both layed against the cage in a clinch and gsp pulled penns feet out from him a few times and got a few ugly take downs more like penn went down to rest but he pulled a split decision that i thought he lost. so yea penn has already showed he can handle gsp. dont get me wrong i love gsp but if you watch that fight i would have to give it to penn or call a draw. and that was a out of shape 175 pound penn. he is a 155 pound fighter.