On the Ohio this morning

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiskerchick, Aug 3, 2009.

1. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went fishing on the Ohio River from around 9:30 pm last night till 6am this morning with my buddy, got some nice cats on creek chubs that we caught earlier in the day.

This was my first ever Blue, the rest were Channels. Have no idea how much they weighed but they were fun to catch!

Linda

Attached Files:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats Linda! Very nice catch!

3. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    Good catch!

4. matahone

matahone New Member

State:
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Nice job. Congrats on the blue!

5. bream reaper

bream reaper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats, looks like fun.

6. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Glad to see you had fun. Nice job!

7. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Congrats on a good night. I was hoping to get out to the river this afternoon but I can't hardly see the cornfield across the yard because its raining so hard :sad2: Just making me want to go even more...

8. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hear you Critter Gitter! I was looking forward to going out fishing this morning too. Wonder how much the river will rise with all this rain? Well, here's to wishing we were fishing.
    Linda

9. Critter Getter

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    It was starting to drop pretty quick but i have a feeling with all the rain last night and today in the Louisville area its gonna go back up real fast. Oh well, guess that I'll just have to sit here on the computer and read about it!

10. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Critter, I have to go back out when the river drops to retrieve all the hooks and lead I lost Sunday night!

11. Critter Getter

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I've had too many of those nights. Oh, and while your searching for some lost gear, if you happen to come across my anchor I lost the other night would you let me know... :embarassed:

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awsome fish... now you need to get you a scale so you can start shooting for PB's on every trip

13. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dang it Tim it was probably your anchor that I was getting hung up on all night!! If I find your anchor when I go back rest assured that I will ransom it back to you hehe.
    Linda

14. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shane, I do need a scale, was looking at those in the catalog. I also need a fishing buddy that knows how to use my camera! Was hoping to have a new avatar, one with fish, but alas...either half of me was cut off or half the fish!

15. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    great job on the cats maybe one of these days I'll drag my ass down to the Ohio:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. H2O!

H2O! New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had to take the picture in my avatar myself. Out fishing the other night by myself and held the camera out in front of me. After about 30 attempts I finally got one. lol! :smile2:

17. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LOL Brian! But just half of your fish is impressive, dang how much did that baby weigh?

18. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice fish, Linda! Were you bank fishing by any chance?

19. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes, we were fishing off the bank. Had 3 oz of weight, deadline with creek chubs. The fish were biting all night, had a few I missed....I bought circle hooks by mistake and have never fished with them before. From what I'm reading you tight line with those instead of letting the fish run and setting the hook. Live and learn, but I'll tell you that Blue was fun to catch! You should have heard the line peeling off! It was a great time and a beautiful night.

20. H2O!

H2O! New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just 21#, but the biggest I have caught yet, so I was bound and determined to get a picture.