On the Black River yesterday

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Arkie55, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I hit Black River yesterday morning. I was headed down river from my launch site before I could see real good. Set up on my first hold and had baits in the water by 6:30 am. I fished until 12:00. I only got five bites total and of those five only two runs. I hooked up both the running bites and by chance those two were at exactly the same time. I caught one of the two a nice 7lb blue and while fighting that fish, the other one got off. Two fish on at the same time is pretty exciting. Fishing wasn't good but being on the river was. I seen where boliver and his brohter caught a few in the afternoon. The fish I caught hit at 11:00 am.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the report Terry. Sounds like a good trip even if the fish didn't cooperate to well. It's fun just to get out there.

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    It was a good trip Johnny. I love being on the river. To be honest, I fished several places I normally pass and sure enough, I'm doing right by passing them by.:smile2:

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Glad ya had a good time Arkie..That sounds like me..I can darn sure tell ya where not to fish:smile2::tounge_out:

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I'm sure you guys know how it is. As you run up or down river you see log drifts, tree tops, ect that you think to yourself... I really need to check that out. Well Saturday, I did check out some of those good looking spots. I had checked them with electronics and decided to pass them by. Saturday, I checked them out with a rod, reel and cut skipjack. Now I know for sure I need to pass these spots at least during the hot summer and low water conditions. I plan on trying to catch some fresh skippies this week and maybe some gills on Friday so I'll have fresh bait on Saturday and Monday. I hope to fish all day Saturday and Monday next week. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

6. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey terry,i done the same as you friday night fishing places that i have passed up.not much luck just catching them flattys.

robbie