on right now!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    noodling in oklahoma on the discovery channel - mike rowe: dirty jobs

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thanks alot phil, I will check it out! :D

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm watching. That O boy learning is funny. He got him a small one. 20 inch fish

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dang, this show may not be good for CPR guys.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i want to eat supper with these guys :D

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That fish fry looks good.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    yep dano - these guys ain't cpr - they are cfe...catch, fry, and eat :)

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    next. show looks like JW on a tractor digging for worms. :D

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I must of saw something else. This one dont look like fun to me, seltic tanks. :mad:

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Talk about taking all the fun out of a good fish fry. Thats one honey hole I wont know part of.
    I did I did see a worm farm coming up next. LMAO :D

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Dang, I hate I missed that! When I first read about noodling in a catfishing magazine, it blew my mind. Wish I could have seen that. I was watching "Must Love Dogs". Pretty good movie. Hey, Phil, would you call me next time you see noodling on TV? :confused: If I hadn't been watching a movie, I would have been on here and seen that. Dang it. :mad:

12. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Noodling would be fun to watch,but I don't think it's for me.

I hope this noodling thing don't give someone any ideas,I'm NOT doing it so forget it.LOL

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian,
    We went to a Luau at Paradise Cove and it was the same way... maybe after an hour or so at the open bar makes all the Hawaiian roasted pigs taste better. :D

James is so right about Javelinas smelling worse than skunk!

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    A friend of mine from work went to Paradise Cove when he and his wife went to Hawaii a couple of months ago. By the way he described it...it sounded exactly what Jermaines was. All you can eat...all you can drink. Did you get drug up on the stage by the Hula dancers? My wife hid the pictures of me feelin' no pain after drinking untold numbers of free Mai Tais and Pina Coladas...ON STAGE mangling the Hula dance...as was being taught to me by a VERY fine looking native Hawaiian dancer. Watch my hips she says...LOL...Thats the problem sweetheart! My wife is sitting right behind you and is holding a camera! You get to stay here...I've got to go home with her.

I went once in 1987, and again in 1993. Both times we went to Oahu. We stayed in my mothers time share in Waikiki...overlooking the beach. Every chance I got...I was out on the balcony watching the sunset while downing a 6 pack of Corona with lime. It was pretty cool. Thoses sunsets over there will just melt your heart. They're hypnotyzing.

We were going to go back in 2002. Mom had traded her time share for one on the big island of Hawaii....I'd also have liked to see Maui a little more than I did the last time. But...then 9/11 went down, and we ended up scrapping the plans. My wife and I are thinking that we'll go on a Hawaiian or a Carribean cruise in the next few years...sometime after we take the kids to Disney World. Hawaii is a place everybody should see at least once. It is expensive...but you'll never forget the place when you have to leave it.

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Disney World, Hawaii, vacations. Man that sounds like fun.
    Next time yall go, if you need to hire someone to tag along and carry your luggage, give me a PM. LOL :D

16. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My last vacation was with a couple other guys from work. We went to Lake Fork in east Texas last May. First day wasn't bad fishing...but it was hot. I caught a couple nice bass...lost a couple real nice ones. The next three days the temps dropped to the mid 70's and it was rainy. The fish there apparently only like it boiling lava hot. :confused: When I got back to Kansas...I caught the hell out of catfish for the rest of the week. (Over 200 lbs in 4 days) What's up with those Texas fish Dano?

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Their poor little brains are boiled.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    They knew you wasn't a home boy so they was playing with ya. Jerking on your rod making ya get up and down. They do that sometimes. LOL. I get em for ya next time I go. Best bait for East Texas I found in my area is worms from the woods around the banks then bream heads, dough balls, dip bait.

I never fished Lake Fork. I think that is a power plant lake or something but not sure. Seems like the water is warm year round there. I've never been on that lake but I heard the fishing was good there.

You know, Texas is as big as most 3 or 4 other states put together. heck just east Texas is as big as many other states. LOL. Just dont drink the water. :D

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian,

Nope, I didn't get on the stage with the Hula dancers, LOL.
    I bet your wife has some interesting pictures of you. LOL.
    Great about your mom having a time share over there!
    All true what you said about Hawaii.

Our first time for us was this pass summer. First we went to Honolulu, there we started a 7 day cruise of the islands and then back to Waikiki for three days. Never though I would like a cruise but the Hawaiian islands were awesome. Another nice thing about the cruise... we were on a brand new ship, "Pride of America"... all American crew on it's maiden voyage of Hawaii, it's home. The ship was christen the month before in NYC. The crew was a little green but did a good job... lost one engine the first night, ran at reduced speed and had some delays but overall it was great.
    Hawaii is more than I expected, by far the most beautiful place I've ever been. Would like to go again but would spent it all at Maui.

Been to Disney World with the kids, enjoyed it but wouldn't go back. The last time was on Christmas 2003... TOO MANY PEOPLE!

Pictures taken at Paradise Cove.

20. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'll have to dig out our pictures one of these days and look at them again. I was fascinated by Pearl Harbor...fresh pineapple at the Dole plantation was delicious...Hanuama Bay was a blast where we went snorkling (We were there the day they made the Wrigley double your pleasure chewing gum commercial was made in 1987...saw the twins and everything)....the North Shore was closed due to a rare summer storm, so didn't get to see it (40 foot waves were crashing over the highway). We rented a convertible Model A for 15 days. We had a blast exploring the island. I can't wait to go back again someday. But like you said...I'll be going to a quieter place like the big island, Kaui, or Maui.

By the way...mom trades her timeshare for wherever we go. Her timeshare is actually in Aspen, Colorado.