On my way

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by LONE STAR, Jan 18, 2009.

1. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Good Evening Everyone,

Wanted to give a wake up call to everyone in the caldwell county area and anywhere near by. I'm gonna try and come down mid Feb. dates are in stone yet and it won't be for too long about a week or so. Lookin to do a little hoggin with a buddy but if I can I'd like to wet a hook while I'm there. Anybody in the area up for a parter with the place to go?

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    post up right before you come this way. i am gonna be in port aransas most of feb. if i am around la grange i will take you to fayette lake for a day. we have been catching a lot of catfish the last few weeks.

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I dont live anywhere close to there, but would love to take you to Tawakoni for a day.

4. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for the invite fellas I was just informed of bigger plans for me and won't be able to make down in FEB. Next shot will be this summer looking forward to hooking up with some of you Texan boys. Hey CatHog I sure would like to get my hooks on some of them cats you got posted in your other thread. Tight lines and singing reels to ya brothers.

5. wolf2802

wolf2802 New Member

State:
    tx
    Hello all ... am a new guy herre on the boards, is nice seeing some great pics ... am headed to lake Tawakoni this weeked for my first trip to the "meka" of texas cat fishing holes .. anyone got any advice?

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC Matt. Theres several guys on her that fish that lake and seem to know it well. Hope you have some good luck. Do a search and it will bring up lots of reading. Glad have another fellow Texan on the BOC.

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    First off welcome to the BOC. There are many places to catch good fish in Tawakoni. I would tell you to start drifting to wind blown points in 18 to 25 feet of water. These points will produce good blues regularly. Another way is to get you a topo map of the lake, find bottom structure whether it be humps, creek channels points or ridges, depending upon the direction of the wind drift to and from these kinds of bottom structure. I hope this helps some, Tawakoni is full of big blues and fairly easy to fish.