On-Line Poll

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by price, Apr 26, 2007.

1. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    With the long-post about possible catfish reg's in North Carolina let's just do an on-line poll if it works.

1. No regulations are needed. Leave the wildlife laws regarding catfish as they are currently.

2. Place a one 30" catfish restriction on anglers per day, commercial fisherman zero, no transportation of live catfish by commercial fisherman from public waters, and a 50-hooks restriction on anglers. (Basics of the original post).

3. Place a catfish size limit (commercial and sport anglers) like 30" or 32", but no restrictions on number of hooks, or transportation of live catfish by commercial fisherman.

On-Line poll option did not work, but simply post and make a choice.

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I'm not from NC, so my vote probably won't count, but #2 sound good to me.

3. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    number 2 is my choice ! i do feel its gunna be hard to enforce the transportation part though ~

4. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey price, not to push you down at all, but you do know where i stand from my post in the long thread. i have to put an option 4. its not to cause friction.

4. put catfish as a game fish, put a per species size limit in effect in the bodys of water that need it (not all waters are the same, not all species grow as big), a 150 hook limit per person for those who do not have the commercial license but unlimited for those who do have the commercial license. on the waters that need it, place a creel limit for both non commercial and commercial alike.

this will need research done on each body of water, but only to determine the average sizes of each species, and the population of each species in each body of water. that wouldn't take too long for the bioligists to do, and everything else can be based off of current research that has already been done.

5. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the reply. Those type reg's are being used in other states and is always an option.

6. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    #4 Asolutely I would go along with this and if you want to take it to Raleigh and speak at hearing I'll get of work to ride with you.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I dont think anything will change about the laws and I catch lots of fish as it is so I dont think anything needs to be changed.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The most meaningful thing that could happen is have the catfishes designated gamefishes.By doing that you would enable the DNR or whatever regulatory agencies to enact regulations as needed.That would put the tools in the tool box.IT DOESN"T mean that regulations would be enacted or even needed on all waters.As was stated, research would be needed to determine what needed doing where. I will support that effort in any way I can.:smile2:

9. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I like the second suggestion. This would elimate commerical guys from taking big fish from around here and selling them to "those" lakes we dislike. I do think that each impoundment needs to be looked at to put a limit on each lake or river. Like around here Norman has a limit of 3 stripers and they have to be 21" to keep. On badin it's 8 stripers and an 18" limit. Each lake is different and regulations need to made to fit each lake. The catfish needs to be named a game fish that way there wouldn't be any commerical fishing and we wouldn't have to worry about it.