on a whim

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mankind, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey guys i was setting here board yesterday so last nite went to greenbo(dont laugh) caught 6 channels up to 3.8lbs. so though i'd let you guys hear. someone point me to good place in river. fishing is fishing:roll_eyes:

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have wanted to fish greenbo sometime those are good eating size ! I thought it was more of a trout lake what was your bait ?

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i used chicken liver. they are some nice channels in greenbo

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I will have to get more info from you if and when I make it that way . When iuse liver I put it in panty hose and use garlic in the liver . Any thing special about your liver set up ? Seems they always steal my bait befofe I catch them if I don't hose it !:wink:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I usually fish chicken liver with a loose line and weightless if in a lake. Works pretty well for me.:wink::smile2:

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Greenbo is a good channel lake. And there is nothing wrong about fishing it. Thanks for the report.

7. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey i use straight chicken liver on carolina rig lite sinker,just want liver thats never been frozen and keep it cold.plenty of nice channels to wet your app.:smile2:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yep, Greenbo is a good channel cat lake. I like to go there when I'm in the mood to catch eaters for the freezer. I usually do pretty good.
    Where was you fishing at?

9. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i was fishing just up from the pier they put in for handicap tried the dock but to much weeds got hung every cast

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I know where you're talking about. Pretty good area. Last couple times I went I fished off the dock right behind the lodge. We drove up the road by the pool and unloaded our stuff and took the car back. The rangers don't like you driving up that road much...:roll_eyes::smile2: Also the bridge by the pool where the creek is, is a pretty decent area. I'd like to go back up there again soon and fish.

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    yes i used to fish off from that dock years ago always done good but now can't hardly tackle that hill. getting old and broke down. i looked at boat club site today it looked ok have you ever got any biggins their