On a serious note! Help please!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 12, 2007.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    My friend got pulled over and he was under age drinking and driving and he got pulled over right outside my neighborhood after stopping at White Castle and picking up some food. I have to bail him out of jail tommorow, he got arrested on minor in consumtion and DWI. I need imput on what I should do. Please I need input on what I should do. I am going to try to bail him out tommorow, but I don't know what the bail is going to be. If anyone has experience or had a case like this I would greatly appreciate some input. I have an attorney, I'm going to call tommorow, but I would greatly appreciate any suggestions from my brothers on here. Please respond and help me out. Thanks Brothers I would never know how to pay you back for the info you give me. I'm in some serious trouble right now. Please help. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ryjoe.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If you use a bondsman it will cost you about 10% of the bond the get him out. Some, but not all cases, the person will be released on a PR bond by the judge when they go to arrainment (spelling) hearing in the morning. If this is his first time the bond may not be that high. He will need an lawyer so that maybe the way to go and let him pay the lawyer instead of you going out of pocket, if the lawyer lets you do that. One thing about a bond if you "sign" for him and he doesn't go to court are pay the bondsman you are held accountable for the entire amount, whatever that maybe.

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    My guess is that it will be a PR bond, so no money out of your pocket. For those charges, if 1st offense, he'll probably spend no more than 48 hrs to a week if found guilty. Put him in touch with your attorney.

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    unless there where some very unusual circumstances, he would probably be better off to just plead guilty and not waste time with getting an attorney. i dont know how the laws are there but they are pretty straight forward here and basically all an attorney would be good for in a situation like this would be is for taking your money and still having you plead guilty. as for getting him out it's not as intimidating as it may seem. just call the courthouse and ask someone. if it is too much to pay i guess just let him sit. they probably have a certain time they have to release him anyway. alot of places just make you stay so many hours and release you on your own recognizance. again you need to check with the court system.

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like you're getting some wise advice here, Ryjoe. Just wanted to say sorry to hear about your troubles and I sure wouldn't waste any money on an attorney in this case. Really, it's so much better that your friend is in jail rather than havin him or somebody else in the hospital. I sure hope he knows that. Take it easy :smile2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    first im not being rude but having been there done that let me add that this is a noble thing you are doing but what about this guys family? i would think that they should be bailing him out

7. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    How old is your freind? That will play a big role in his trial. If there was cirrcumstances that he was the only person that could drive then you might have something on that or if the Police Officer messed some paperwork up. Those are the only two things that couold save you on a DWI charge other than that he is looking at around a year of probation and no licencse for 12-24 months. I am currently in College studeing Criminal Justice just so you dont think that im just makeing this stuff up.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Ryan,
    In My experence It would be best for your friend to get a lawyer. Judges are lawyers and like to see there cronies getting paid. A lot of time if You hire councel You'll get off easy, if you don't the judge will throw the book at him.

Here in Kansas for an offence like this They have to put You in front of a judge in 18 hrs or let you go on PR bond

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    IMHO if you really want to help him dont bail him out. Let him sit in jail, Im not trying to come across as judgmental but there is one thing that I cannot personally stand and that is Drinking and Driving. He will learn more with you not bailing him out and having to take the full responsibility himself as it was his mistake. Again Im not trying to be judgmental you are a very good friend for doing what you want to do for him.

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Thanks for all the input guys. I just got out of bed it's about 4:30p.m. here in Indy. I was up till 9:00 in the morning waiting for a bail bondsman at the County Jail.:sad2: I got him out though, so I it was worth staying up. Again, thanks for all the feedback! I hope that never happens again, it was a really bad experience. Take care brothers and sisters.

11. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah

If he's the one that was in jail, why do you consider yourself in some serious trouble? Were you riding in the car? Did you get him the alcohol?
    Sounds like he's got a really good friend in you.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you are the Friend that stickest closer than a Brother. You are a good man but I to wonder where his family is.

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I do not see where you could be in serious trouble unless there is something you have not said.If you have done anything at all that could get you in trouble over this,I would get a good rated lawyer to represent you and tell him the absolute truth.Many a case is lost when a lawyer is caught in a clients lie or something he hid.If you contributed to or broke the law with this minor,you could be in serious trouble as you are a adult.I love you brothers and sisters