Omniflex by Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by vlparrish, Jul 21, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Does anyone else use Omniflex line? I have been using it for over ten years and have had great results. It is primarily the only line that has been on my catting rigs for that time. It is inexpensive and comes in a large selection. I tend to use the 30 lb test and have caught many fish from dinks to 50 pounds on it. I also use it for snagging paddlefish and it has held up really well. The best part about it though is you can get it at about any Walmart and it is a mere $2.50 or less for a spool of 250 yards, which is ample enough to fill any of my larger cat rigs. I also like the clear color, it keeps the cats and other species from seeing my line in clear water. Vern

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Vernon,

It sounds like you have better luck with it than me. I use the $6 (300 yd)spool of Big Cat in Solar Collector Green. I did use Omniflex at one time, but found it is not very consistant in breaking strength, it has terrible line memory, and it has a larger diameter compared to higher priced lines of the same poundage. Also, under heavy fishing conditions, I would have to re-spool my line twice a year at a minimum when I did use it and the Big Cat last me through a complete fishing season as long as I don't knick it along the middle. If Omniflex works for you, then by all means stay with what is working for ya.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I honestly think that stuff is junk. I tried it once and will never purchase it again.

4. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i agree, its a poor line, full of memory, i bought a big ol spool of 50 and wont put it on any thing, i use it as a leader on my caronlina rigs. bout the only thing its good for in my opinion

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used it several times, I thought it was bad line..You can get trilene big game for just a little bit more.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I also had some of that line on a light casting reel, and no matter what I did that stuff would backlash like crazy. It got old really fast.

7. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I had some of that once in my tackle box. I left it in my shed for a week while on vacation. When I came home the stuff was melted into one big hunk.

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    LOL what a surprise that must have been. I have never tried it, but I did think about it a couple times. I dont actually have any need for new line though, since I have it coming out of nearly every crack in my house :lol: If it is working for you though, keep using it.

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    at least it wasent on a reel

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Junk don't waste your money.