Omni 2" glow light stick holder

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by bigblaze, Sep 20, 2007.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    as fall/winter approach glow lights become even more needed for those long night fishing trips....

When I go catfish fishing I may go as long as 12-15 hours. Unfortunately, my 2" glow lights I get from the catfish connection typically only last about 12 hours.

in the past, I have just used a piece of electrical tape to hold the glow light on the rod tip but since the nights are longer i find I am needing to change the glow light out half way through the trip. i fish with a 9' rod and naturally the weakest part of the rod is the tip so I hate applying and having to take off the tape...i always feel like I am going to break my rod...

I decide to try to find another way to attach the glow stick lights to the rod tip....

i rummaged through the garage and found some old spark plug wires that work perfect. Now this spark plug wire is the part thats snaps onto the distributor cap. The boot is from the wire sets that you have to cut and crimp together....i am not using the portion of the boot with the metal insert I cut that portion off. i use the portion the wire would be routed through...the wires are from a chevy 350.

i used electrical tape to hold the plug wire boot to the rod and it only takes a second to change out the glow stick...

Initially. i was worried about the line tangling on these holders but thats has not happened....yet!

i have attached a couple pics for you all to look at...enjoy...

good luck and good fishing!!!

Attached Files:

2. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio

That's pretty cool...but I will just stick with my teeny tiny cable ties to mount mine on the end of my rod...
    Not very mechanically minded on this end of the post....:wink:

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I use a 1/2 inch piece of air-line tubing ( like for aerators, or aquariums) Just tape it to the end of the rod on the back side and it makes it easy to switch out glowsticks. Plus I have had them on all year and they are ready if you want to use them,out of the way if you don't, and I have had no problems with tangles.

4. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    John. the best cure is to order your glowsticks from wildwolf products http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/
    Genes glowsticks will last a t least 16 to 24 hours and they are big enough they are easy to see unlike the 2" glow sticks.
    and the price's gene has are good as well and you will be supporting a BOC sponsor.

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanx but I like the little 2" lights and I buy them from the catfish connection...

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Yep, basically it's the same... I was looking for the airline tubing first or vacume line but came across the plug wires first

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Shoot Genes glow sticks will still be glowing good and bright when your though fishing. And he has the best price also.
    Plus your buying off someone that is a sponsor of the BOC.
    Pete

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

I HAVE about the same set up. if you want a fit that won't end up sticky or coming undone in the weather, instead off the tape use you a piece of shrink tube on it and it is there until you cut it off, other than that looks same, I just got tired of the tape getting sticky from the summer heat. oh yea and Gene's sticks glow better than any other I have used

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    A 100 ct. tube of glowsticks from Gene will also contain 100 connectors. Tape or otherwise fasten a connector to your rod tip and you can insert a glowstick or remove it without having to disturb the connector.

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I use the glowsticks that Gene sells. I stick a piece of wire in the connector, then the glowstick, then bend a hook in the wire and hang it from one of the legs on a rod guide or just hang it over the rod. If anything even bumps the bait the glowstick will really bounce around and get your attention. If you don't have a piece of wire a size 4 crappie hook with the point dulled works great.

11. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    anybody using the fatkat floats -- i'm gonna order a couple on payday looks like a better setup than the lighthouse floats i've been using

12. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Here is a web site for lite sticks http://www.joissu.com . They have the small lite sticks for 2 for $.48 or $ 11.95 for 50 . Click on the lite stick picture and go to page 5, bottom of page is the small lite sticks and the top of page 6 is a small lite stick with a metal clip that is a ear ring that can be cliped onto the end of a rod. They have all shapes ,sizes of lite sticks. Hope this helps. Good luck .