1. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I had to put this in the Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish part because this is what it is! ok here we go... I went out and got a nentendo Wii yesterday for 1 reason... this fishing game made by Rapala its is so much fun, you realy cast out the line and toss it out like you would with your pole with the controller and use this other thing to crank it in like a real reel!!!! its great! :smile2: i won a crappie fishing contest, i havent got to the catfishing part yet but boy O boy i cant wait!!! So if your like me and cant fish ALL the time you need this Game, or if you have a wife that doesnt want you to spend all your time fishing you will love this!!:tounge_out: :wink:

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Chris, if your wife doesn't want you fishing all the time I don't think shes going to be to happy about you playing a fishing game all time either,lol.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the update

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree. Either way you loose. Spend value time with the wife and you will be fishing years from now.

5. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I didnt say my wife lol anyones wife! :tounge_out:

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have seen that Wii thing on TV. How expensive is that set up?? The last electronic game I bought was Pong when our kids were little. That was 25-30 years ago. It seems to me, we paid 99 bucks for that silly game at Sears.

Is it hard to hook up to the TV? We have a 65" projection, will it work on that??

Thanks for the info in advance.

Oh no

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Have Big fun this winter !

8. catfish10101

catfish10101 New Member

State:
    Des Allemands,
    Kinda like drinking that "non-alcaholic beer" shtuff!! You can taste it, BUT IT JUST AINT HELPING!!!!!!:smile2:

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Jim, the Nintendo Wii is averaging around $250.00 bucks, but over here in the Metro St Louis area, they have been selling out as soon as they get put on the shelf! :eek:oooh:

As far as hooking it up to your TV, three small plugs that plug into the back of your television set and wingo, you're ready to play!:big_smile:

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Boy sounds great, now I have a few questions:

1. Can you use that invisible red line?
    2. What kind of reel comes with it? Baitcasting or spinning?
    3. What bait options do you have?
    4. What is the line test?
    5. What kind of action does the pole have? Can you get it in M/H?
    6. What type of blank?
    7. What are the payouts on the tournys?
    8. Is it all catch and release, or can you bring a few home for the pig fat?
    9. Do you have to catch your own bait?
    10. Does it come with a boat? If so what size? Motor size?
    11. What type and size of hooks can you use?
    12. Does the boat come with GPS?
    13. Can more than one person fish at a time?
    14. Is chumming legal?

Now the catfishing is in Danger, we dont even have to leave our homes to go fishing!!!! How much did you say they cost....ha ha, might be the ticket for me over here in Afghanistan. I have yet to see a boat in this country, much less a fishing pole.

11. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well at least my wife wouldn't be complaining about the smell of the stink bait...

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    ....ha ha, might be the ticket for me over here in Afghanistan. I have yet to see a boat in this country, much less a fishing pole.[/QUOTE]

What, no sand sharks? :cry:

13. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    LOL thats true catfish10101!!!! :smile2:

14. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yea man you will love this thing!!!:tounge_out: I havent had a video game since the first nentendo but this thing is a blast!!! and as far the real of fishing this Games Got it!! i mean if its from drivein the boat or picking for all the types of Rapala lures or fishing for all types of fish for the winter this thing is it! Its not hard to hook the wii up and i swear you feel like your really fishing! You will get all happy when you a fish and i about fell out of my chair when i got a 10 bass!! And you fish all types of lakes and you really have to find spots like on the rocks or whereever the fish are!

15. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Sounds fun.

16. outlawtrucker

outlawtrucker New Member

State:
    missouri
    I may be a bit jaded at this point in time(I'm going thru a divorce) so take it for what its worth.

I say if you can't hit the water sittin on the couch "fishin" doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. If the wife says anything about it pack the gear in the truck hook up the boat and hit the water. She probly won't complain about having you home for a while

17. TrapperMike

TrapperMike New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    how life imatates art ,,to funny... yet sooooo true

18. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i have a fishing game on my ipod touch. but its pretty unbelievable. i caught a 30lb largemouth bass that didnt even put up a fight but a 5lber took my drag out for like 5 minutes. real fishing and a thousand times better than video games.