OMG a snake

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by bodach, Jul 16, 2009.

1. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    I just found your site by accident and love it. Yesterday my wife and decided to go to Antony lake and fish for the evening they were biting but not great. I had caught a 3# channel but she had not caught any so when she took the car to go to the ladies room (she refused to pee behind the tree) I thought I would hook the fish on my ultra lite pole and turn it loose so when she got back I could say hey baby you got a bite and watch her reel it in on that light pole. Well I kept hearing that croaking sound cats make so I shined my light in the water and could see channel skin so I reached in and grabbed it thinking it was the one I had just turned loose well when I got my hand up to where I could see it in the light I had a hold of a 5 foot snake it had a 6 or 7 inch channel in its mouth :crazy: so I did what comes natural to me I squealed like a 12 year old girl I am scared to death of snakes. I don't have a clue what kind of snake it was but our night of fishing was over I let that snake have the spot because he was determined to eat that fish and wasn't going to leave. so any way I'm very glad to have found your site have a good day all.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Dennis welcome to the BOC....And if that would of been me that grabbed hold of that SNAKE i would ran all the way home and lift my wife there all alone:smile2:

3. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Welcome to the Boc lol would of done the same about the snake i hate them about as much as i hate ticks

4. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Welcome to the site. Snakes I can handle but I HATE A SPIDER. I once litterly jumped into a lake because of a huge Wolf Spider on my leg.:crazy::0a20::0a20:

John

5. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I would concur with despise of spiders too , well the ones that sit in corners with their legs outstretched waiting to pounce in 1/2 the blink of an eye. Can't stand 'em. The other slower ones are tolerable!

6. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome to the BOC, great story , spiders i can handle, snakes , well sorta but rather not be around them

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good story Dennis. Welcome to the BOC.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Dennis. I've been laughing so hard I hav tears in my eyes now that is not only scary but funny as all get out.

10. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Welcome to the BOC.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC, Dennis! Look forward to hearing your reports!

Bill in SC

12. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    maaan i dont blame ya one bit brotha! snakes arent too bad to me, but they get so friendly at night i usually chunk pebbles at them and they go on but like ya say..spiders make me slap everything within arm reach lol i am not afraid fo them i have a ahtred of them lol

13. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    I just watched the video snake eats catfish on the video part of the site that's the same kind of snake I had in my hand don't know what it is but on the bright side mine was not as big as that one.

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    welcome to the club Dennis.

15. Mosquito Bait

Mosquito Bait New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    Dennis, that is some funny stuff right there. Thanks for sharing the story and welcome to the BOC.
    BTW, watch your back for rabid coons. Just ask Shelby, he will tell ya.

16. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    my 2 most used quotes to my kids:

"Put that down! NOW!"

"Dont put that in your mouth!--Take that outta your mouth, NOW!"

they love to fiddle w/ stuff that doesnt want to be fiddled with.

17. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc!!

18. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Dennis welcome to the BOC. I am not scared of snakes in fact I like them and have picked up pretty much anything around...BUT that would have scared me too!

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Great first post Dennis. :smile2:
    I seen a snake 2 weeks ago with a baby channel in its mouth. He seen me and jumped with that cat in its mouth.:crazy: It was a neat thing to see.

20. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    LOL thats a great story! I am not a big fan of undomesticated snakes or spiders. I would have been cleaning out my drawers!