Omaha, NE Sound Off

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by CatAngler, Dec 13, 2007.

1. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Anyone in or around Omaha, NE please sound off. We could get together & hunt down some winter Blues!

J

2. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Just across the river from ya. In C.B.

3. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Another CB'er here.

4. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Add one more!!!

5. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    AN HOUR SOUTH AND BETTER FISHIN DOWN HERE

6. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Right on! We need to plan a little local BOC get together this next season.:cool2:

J

7. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    If I have to hear one more thing about the so called great catfishing around Neb. City so help me. Zach and I caught squat down there when I went. And I consider myself A top notch fisherman. Come up north to gods country where the sun always shines and I'll put ya on all the little channels you can handle.

8. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    you guys didn't have the right bait i guess....lol

9. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE

Says who? Have you actually fished up this way, ever??

J

10. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What, the holiday season got you all down?? I wouldn't mind fishing in CB and in Neb. City. I am sure and I know that they both contain great fish. Sound off from Lincoln!!

11. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE

Where do you fish around lincoln? Branched Oaks?

J

12. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Around Lincoln I fish Branched Oak. Another great lake to fish in Nebraska is Calumus. This summer I caught several channels that we're 15 lbs and a couple that were over 20 lbs. Branched Oak in the spring is a killer for blues ind the shallows.

13. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i'm in omaha here, i'm down for some winter fishin jus gotta find a ramp deep enough for it any suggestions?

i got four frozen goldeye so bait is covered.

14. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE

20lb Channels are monsters!:cool2: I've been to Calumus twice & managed to reel in a couple of flatties each time in the mid 30s. It's a bit of a drive from Omaha or I'd go there more often. I mainly hit the missouri & my second choice would be the Platte.

J

15. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE

I know all the lakes are iced over. I checked the new Manawa, Dodge park, & Hayworth park river ramps this morning & theres absolutly no way I could back my boat down any of them. Way too much snow and ice!!!:sad2: I need to hook up with someone with river access that dosen't have a ramp with a 12/12 pitch like the rest of them!!!:confused2:

I did go ice fishing on Standing Bear last Sunday & caught my limit on rainbows in under 2hrs.

I've got a freezer full of gills & bullheads so if we can get some river access here I'm down with some winter Blues.

J

16. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    spring time those huge channels are back in the trees and in the summer I drift for them at Calumus. Using blood works awsome there!!!

17. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Cory, another great place for eater channels in the 3 to 5lb range is the Elkorn river. That's probably a 30min drive for you depending on which side of Lincoln your coming from. It's well worth the trip especially if you have kids. It's darn near catch every cast. They'll hit just about anything you throw out, cut baits, livers, night crawlers, etc.

J

18. suddawg

suddawg New Member

SudDawg present and accounted for. Most willing to fish anywhere. However, have no boat.

I'm sure my best friend TA2D would love to fish anytime also. Both of us are from the Nebraska City area (Auburn.) Got to say i've had more success down there then up here. But then again...I can't fish the access points here on the mighty MO after 10 or so.

I'm busy as heck with my military duties, but by all means if someone is planning any fishing trip whether river, lake, icefishing please shoot me an email. Thanks

Shane
    shane.sudman@offutt.af.mil
    shane.sudman@yahoo.ca

19. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE

We'll do. If we can get the river to come up a little and get the boat ramps cleaned off (snow/ice). I'll definently shoot you an email have you come out & get you hooked into some good sized winter Blues. I can fish four pretty comfortable off my boat. If we end up getting a decent size group of NE/IA BOC guys together, I can get my in-laws 28" pantoon boat.:cool2: I've got around 40lbs of gill and 30lbs of bullhead in my freezer just waiting to be used up.

J

20. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    add me to the list also