Omaha catfishing spots?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by young catfisherman, Jun 6, 2007.

1. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    i just moved from OH to omaha NE, need some info on local lakes/ good catfishing Water

thanks mac:big_smile:

2. young catfisherman

State:
    ohio
    i go for all cats, if the meow im there. lol

3. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    welcome to omaha young catfisherman. there are some pretty good areas for cats. wehrspan has some great cats. i go to standing bear to catch eaters. walnut creek has a good population. i've not had much luck at zorinsky on catfish, but largemouth is prettty good. two rivers and louisville are pretty good, catch and release only though. carter lake isn't bad, alot of carp. salt creek, elkhorn, and platte rivers are good. branched oak down by lincoln has some good cats. hope this helps.

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I just wanted to say I enjoyed your post.

5. young catfisherman

State:
    ohio
  6. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    yeah, Werhspann and Zorinsky have some decent cats, liver will get you the smaller ones in my expeirence out there this year, cut bait will get the bigger ones, and even a bass or two, but w/ cut bait, it can become a waiting game. Both of those lakes have a wooden fishing pier that have the channel run in front of them. You can hook into carp and gar at catfish run (salt creek), platte river is up right now, and w/ rain expected sun - wed might be pretty tricky, same goes for the elkhorn, but that isnt stopping me tonight.

welcome to the forum! and happy fishing

7. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    and i almost forget, MEMPHIS LAKE, it is about 6 miles north of ashland NE. It has a decent poputlation of 5 - 10 lb cats. A real nice lil lake. and don't forget to check the nebraska game and parks website. gives you all the regs and names/locations/ and species of fish in all the public waters of nebraska!

8. KattFishin

KattFishin New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great Info! I am fairly new to catfishing and new to this forum. I often find myself fishing at standing bear and was wondering what is the best place to catch eater cats and what bait to use. Thanks for any info.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Noah Katt ~~ kill it and grill it!

9. hoghunter40

hoghunter40 Member

State:
    lincoln,nebrask
    well welcome to the best place on the web for info on cattin.all them lakes them guys said are real good for eaters and some bigger ones.so good luck and maybe i'll see ya sometime out there.i dont get up there to often but i do get up there.good luck and keep ur lines wet.

10. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Kattfishin, welcome to the forum, you will have lots of fun here and might even pick up a few tips too, glad to have you on board!

11. SHAWNFISH

SHAWNFISH New Member

State:
    NEBRASKA
    welcome!!! PM me, im sure i can help you out with some standing bear info. where do you live?

12. KattFishin

KattFishin New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey thanks everybody, i forgot about this thread... lol:>

13. SHAWNFISH

SHAWNFISH New Member

State:
    NEBRASKA
    ALL EXCEPT ZORINSKY.....