OLN's "Wanted: Ted or Alive"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rednecksportsman511, Jan 8, 2006.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I don't know how many of y'all get Outdoor Life Network on TV, but they've got this show (it's really Ted Nugent's show) called Wanted: Ted or Alive. Second season starts tonight at 10E/9C. Man I really loved the first season, but looks like I'll love the second even more. Everything "Uncle Ted" stands for with hunting and gun control and just Life in general, I find myself agreeing. The second season (from commercials) looks like it's gonna get a lot more into the outdoor/nature/survival lifestyle. They've shown clips of them wearing buffalo hides strung together.

The first season started off w/ city slickers and the first real thing they had to do was make their own dinner by killin, pluckin, guttin, and butcherin a chicken. It's great to see their reactions. But what I like most is that Mr. Nugent really stresses to the contestants that their reason for being on the show isn't so much the prize money, but a deeper meaning. He calls it "spiritually erectifying experience with nature." In other words, he wants these people to learn a new sense of appreciation for nature, and how special and blessed it is.

Here's a link to the show site on OLN. http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/1346/?UserDef=true&catID=78
    Under "Video Previews" there's a clip called Ted Reckoning: Food Assassin. Here he puts into words my feelings exactly, couldn't have been said more perfectly.

Hope y'all tune in, it's a pretty good show, better than most of the garbage on these days.

2. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    that is one great show!saw it last week for the first time.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah that is a awesome show! Ted Nugent is a great guy IMO. I respect him ALOT! He's also a GREAT musician.

Zakk :cool:

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Sweaty Teddy, he Rocks ! Oh wait, I meant he hunts too. That show of he's, is good. Wish I could think as fast as he talks. The words he uses are crazy but true. Anybody ever catch one of his Rock -N-Roll shows ? I've seen him 5 times in concert and it was loud and crazy. Once he swong onto the stage like Tarzan, even had on Tarzan shorts (?) ....

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    T-Bone my dad told me about that....he went to a few of his concerts. Also my dad said Ted has one deaf ear that he sticks in a speaker and alot of people dont know that it's a bad ear and trip out on that. Man wish I could see one of his concerts.....what a cool dude. :cool:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ted a little "out-there" but he's my kind of guy.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    T-Bone..........the word you were searchin for is loin cloth

Sweatty teddy rocks, seen him a few times.

Claims his family eats no commercialy processed meat and they grow all there own veggies! He's all about nature, and the spirit of the wild. He is also an expert marksman with a bow.

I have to agree with mellon He's a bit over the top, but i agree with a lot of what He has to say!!!

"When in doubt I whip it out, got me a rock n roll band.........its a free for all"

8. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I loved the episode on the first season when he told the animal rights activist girl, "any time I hear animal and rights used together in the same sentence, I'm killin' 20 of something!" She cried.:p

9. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    awsome show, i also seen him in concert a few years ago with zz topp. it was an awesome show. he broght his bow on stge and was shooting pictures of osama bin laden

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You lucky dog...LOL....Man, ZZtop and Ted Nugent....man that had to be awesome!

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Jim i figured you would want Tom Brady to run for office ........LOL

Sweaty Teddy in office, heck why not, he couldn't do any worse then jessie the body ventura, or arnold

12. moore42420

moore42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    I saw a couple of weeks ago that he is going to run for office. I can not remember which office but I think that it will be the Gov.

13. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    ya it was definately an awesome show

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I saw that show last week. It seems that it may be ok!

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    The Gonzo Man now lives in Texas. If he runs for Gov. I'd sure vote for'em.
    Maybe the first thing Ted would do, would be open up a season on Gov. Rick Perry !:0a9:

16. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    i have been watching Ted Nugents reality shows ever since they started on MTV a few years ago, he is great.

i had the pleasure of meeting him when I was in high school, he was up in ALaska doing some hunting.