Ole Wolfie Made it to Alaska and now has a Connection

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by akwolf41, Apr 2, 2009.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Well Gang:

First I want to Thank you all for the wishes for a safe trip.

We had a great Trip with Blue Skies every day but one. Only had to drive on snowpacked roads part of two days. I waited in St Joseph, MO until I thought we had a good weather window and we took off and I really picked the perfect departure date. We had absolutely no problems with the truck or trailer, We had a fairly heavy load but it was no problem for the Dodge Ram With the Cummins. Hardley knew the trailer was back there. The trip was a good one and a safe one.

We are truely Glad and Happy to be back HOME. Not a lot has Changed around here since we left. We are both about totally exhausted from unloading and unpacking and getting some furniture found, getting the Phone and DSL Hooked up, Utilities, and ETC. I think I am about to Kick Back and Finally Take a Break. It is so beautiful up here with some snow still in the Ground and MT Redoubt Blowing it's Top about every Day or so. We have only had one Ash cloud come our way and only the edge of it going over us. It dropped a very minute sprinkling of ash. about 8 miles north of us it dropped about a 1/4 inch of the stuff. The Mushroom cloud looked like someone had dropped an Atomic Bomb. It was an Awesome site. It will quit hopefully in a month or so.

I am Pooped and getting ready for the Beauty Sleep I need. Will post some more soon.

Thanks to all you Great BOC People;

Gene and Helen Chambers

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gene glad to here you and Helen had a safe trip and are back home to the place you love God Bless

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats Mr. Gene, Great to hear y'all had safe travels...... watch out for that pop'n Mt.. How far you from Anchorage? My cousin lives there part time,lol, his wife full time, he has boat down south for that giant flat fish ya know, LOL.... need to get back up there and catch one with them again, just to hard to leave back as YOU ALL KNOW...... nice to hear ya had a safe trip...... watch out fer them skeeters they might carry ya off :smile2:
    Randy

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    glad to hear you and the Mrs. are doing well Gene. was wondering how you two were making out. don't be a stranger Gene.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Mean Gene,

Glad y'all made the Trip without any problems and arrived safely. We sure are going to miss seeing you at the Gatherings. You have made some very good Friends ya know...lol

Darn, I was gonna let you taste my Hot sauce again. You really like the last batch I made and took to Keystone Gathering. I think Jamie liked it too..

Y'all be careful up there and fish when ya can,,lol. Keep us informed on what's going on my Friend..

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hi Gene. Glad yall made it. When you talk to Jeff, tell him that I said 'Hi' and that me and my buddy still talk about the fishing trip we had with him. It wasn't so much the salmon trip that was so great, but the camping and fishing around his place on the Kenai that was the kicker. We had a blast & he was a big part of it. I'm still glad you turned me onto that idea, because it was pretty special.

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Glad you made it and had no problems getting there, and it's so good to see you online again! Take that break hon, and you got plenty of time now to get unpacked and all that. I know you are happy to be HOME.

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know you were ready to get home, but were they ready for you? And don't give us that guff about picking the right weather window. Tell us the truth Gene. You left so you could time crossing the state boarder when no one was looking! lol :crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Glad to hear ya'll made it fine and are well... Really gonna miss ya at De Gray this year tho.

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Gene, Iam happy you msde it home safe and sound.Thankx for keeping us posted with your adventure.I hope all goes well and you have a nice summer.Stay safe.
    smokey

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad you and Helen made the trip ok,Gene. And double glad that you have internet. Look forward to hearing more from ya.

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to hear you made it safe and sound Gene. Good luck up there in your new place. WRB

13. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    glad you made it to your new home and good luck . you gonna do any fishing . what you gonna fish for . i couldnt find no catfish for you. they raise them there farm raised maybe you can fish in there ponds some times

14. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gene glad youall made it ok. I sure hated to see youall leave I enjoyed talking on the phone with you thanks and God Bless you. Thanks Sam Davis

15. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Glad to see ya'll made to Alaska with no troubles. :smile2::cool2:

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats gene, glad everything went smooth and i hope ya'll are as happy as you seem. We'll miss ya at Warsaw this May and dang i wish i could remember how you showed me to snell that hook last spring. Good luck Gene.