Ole Geezer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Aug 7, 2009.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    fishing buddy Gary or better known as Geezer was putting out some bank lines a couple weeks ago and he caught a big sucker.(himself).He was throwing one of the lines out and got a #8 Circle in his finger.Tried doctoring it himself to no avail.Went to doc after about a week of suffering.Doc looked at it ,gave him some medicine , bandaged it up and said keep it clean and dry.Yeah right.
    Anyways he went back to doc yesterday and it don't look good.Black spots inside finger, they don't know what it is.Finger Red like a plum he said.So next week they are going to do more testing and a possibility he may lose that finger.He ain't to happy right now.He went fishing last night.Saying that if he has to lose a finger he's gonna get all the fishing in he can before then.He is about as Bull Headed as they come.Anyways keep himin your thoughts.
    And folks be darn careful with those Circle Hooks.They aren't very forgiving.
    Thanks In Advance!!

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    John I hope Garys finger gets better. Thank's for the report.Have you been doing any fishing lately??? Seen on another post that you made the Iowa Gathering,Would of liked to have gone but the Wife was in a car accident 3 weeks ago and I've stayed close to home cause she is on the mend and gos to therapy every day and I take her there,Talk with you later My Friend,God Bless,J.D.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Gary hard headed? LOL Just the Marine coming out in him. Tell him a brother is thinking about him!! Semper-fi

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope all works out ok for him,tell him Pat is thinking of him,and hope all turns out ok!!:big_smile:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    dang John, ya better go with gary and help the guy out some. Ya know, catch bait, take his fish off and keep him a cold beer opened for him.:smile2: Hope the guy gets better and don't lose his finger. Infection isn't a good thing. Tell him i'm thinkin bout him. He was hilarious at the gathering this spring.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hard headed huh. Sounds like a tough ole bird.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

Don't think they make them any more hardheaded than he is.To be honest folks it don't look good at all.Real red and swollen big time.He'll know more come Tues I suppose.

Country Heart It won't do no good to keep a open beer for him.H e don't drink so I'd just have to drink them all:wink::roll_eyes:.He try's to not act concerned but I know him well enough to know he is really worried.
    Thank You all for your concern's.Let's just hope for the best.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I really enjoyed the man this spring and hope and pray the guy gets ok. Heck yhea he's worried, i dang sure would be.

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I sure hope Gary,s finger gets better quick to keep from having to do surgery on it