Ole AK is really still alive

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by akwolf41, Aug 15, 2009.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Hi Gang:

I thought I needed to get in here and let you all know that I am still alive and Kickin.

As most of you know My wife and I moved from Arkansas back to Alaska where we used to live this Past March. We moved back to a house that less than a half a mile from where we used to live here on the Kenai Peninsula. We live about 10 miles north of the Town of Kenai. Worlf Famous for King Salmon fishing as the worlds largest King was caught in the river here a few years back. a 94 pounder.

We are Happy to be back Home and again with our Old friends. I have been busy since we got here getting moved in and straightened all up. Had to do a little addition or two on the house we moved in to. Added a new Deck and steps out front, Pet a new Deck Railing on it, Built a new Pantry inside the House for my wife to keep her from complaining about not having enough storage space. LOL

Of course I had to work all these honey-do jobs in while still trying to catch some fish, (Grinnin) We have a couple of cases of Sockeye salmon canned up for the winter, about 50# of Halibut Fillets in the Freezer, and I just shared a Moose with my Friend Tim, He shot it with a Bow, and I helped him get it out and skinned and get all cut up. We finished wrapping Hamburger last nite.. So we are pretty well set for the winter for Food stuffs.

This next week we are headed for Prince William Sound to do a bit of Shrimping for 4 days. We both should have about 75# of Shrimp Tails for the Freezer.

I know you all are feeling pretty sorry for us Ole Folks live in this God Forsaken Cold Country, But we will make it OK. LOL

Thats a little about whats been going On. Sorry I haven't been posting on the BOC but I get into the BOC a few times each week and do a lot of reading the Posts. I have been in the Chat room quite a few times and been shootin the S*** with my ole Buddys.

I will get in here from time to time and give ya some updates on the Ole Wolfie.

I have missed going Catfishin, as there are no Catfish up here. I have missed going to the Gatherings as I always loved going to Them.

Have a Good One Troops as I will be back on here from time to time.

Miss Ya All;

Gene

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Glad to hear you are back havin a good time there. I would like to go there sometime, but sometimes I figure I'm gettin too old to enjoy it. Sounds like you are set and enjoying it.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well thanks for checkin in, dont stay gone so long next time.

4. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    plainsman;

Your getting too Old Hell. Man I am 68 and I am Lovin it. Your olly Too Old in Your Mind, I am sure you are a bunch younger than Me for sure.

Gene

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Gene You Old Dog Man we have missed ya boy!!! Don't stay gone to long.And I hope you don't get no bellyache eating all them fish and shrimp you been catching,LOL!!! God Bless,J.D.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gene good to hear ya are makin out you take care man!

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Glad to hear from you Man you are living the high life up there

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Gene its about time you reared that ole ugly head and said hello to us poor folk. I know why you haven't been on here. You couldn't see to type because you smarted off to that pretty little wife of yours and she closed both eyes for yea.:smile2:
    Well gene Marlyn, pete and I got into some good eaten cats at Chattanooga this year and sure was a lot of times you came up in the conversation,:smile2:
    Fare well old friend and maybe we can fish again some day

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey, Gene, good hearing from you. Welcome to the BOC:smile2:
    You got me green with envy with your Alaska relocation. One of my favoritist places. I was stationed at Elmandorf AFB when Alaska became a state. Best of luck to you.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    check back in more often, Gene. we miss you around here.

and when you run out of freezer room, pm me for my shipping address:wink::big_smile:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Gusy see i been telling you. Even a Moose is not safe from this guy.:wink: Shoot he has even been smoking Bear meat while there. I bet he will sure spoil all the people there feeding them Stuffed peppers, Hush Puppys and stuff.
    Gene Sure was good talking to you today. And you can bet Marilyn and I will be up there in a few years to visit for a few days or 10...
    Enjoy the Great North and catch a few salmon for us.
    Pete

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hey big guy glad to hear from you again.enjoyed or chat the other night but i still miss your old a-- at the gatherings.dale makes a good replacement but dont make as many of the same gatherings i do.
    be good,t/c,and besafe.thinking of you friend.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gene I was thinking about you the other day. It good to see you back on board and happy to hear the transition back north was successful. Don't stay away so long you are missed. When that temperature begins to drop in a few months think of us, and how warm it is down here.:wink:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Gene..... Good to hear from you brother. Stay in touch for sure AK:big_smile:

15. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gene glad to here that all is going good for the wife and you, God Bless.

16. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Hey Uncle Gene, glad to hear ya'll are doing good. Stop in here more often and let us know how it's going.
    Griz

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Well for the love of Pete (sorry Pete LOL). Man you are going to have to change your name from Akwolf to Akmoose now. :big_smile_2: You done got me to slobbering on my blame key board talking about all that good food you got in your freezer. Buddy we are tickled to death for you and Helen, we know ya'll are where you are the happiest and that makes us happy for you both. We hope you catch a bunch of shrimp and have a blast.

By the way, I didn't know you were THAT much older than me.LOL

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Man it sure is good to see that ole ugly mug on here again.Good to hear your doing good an your not gonna starve up there.Freeze maybe but not starve.
    don't stay gone so long next time.We miss you on here.