Ole AK goes Stripper Fishin

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by akwolf41, Aug 28, 2006.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Well Gang;

My ole bass fishing buddy invited me to go with him and a couple of our friends to go fishing for stripers on Beaver Lake here in AR today. I really hadn't been striper fishing in a number of years and I went. Left the house at 2AM this morning and drove over to Beaver Lake whish is about a 3 hour drive. We met the guide at 5:45 and were off to see if we could catch a fish before the Rains were to hit. I caught the first fish at about 6;20 and it got really wild for the next 40 minutes. We checked to see how many fish we had at 7 AM and found that we had 15 nice stripers.(limits for 5 guys.) So we were glad we had the guide with us to cover the limits. LOL It was a great day and had a ball. Actions was fast and furious, no real big fish, but nice fighters. (Pic Attached)

Thought I would share this experience with you:

Gene

P.S. We never got wet til we were getting in the Cars to come home.

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a nice catch there.They'res nothin wrong with catchin stripers in my book they're my second favorite fish.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    And just think, you only spent a week at DH's house and look what happened to you, LOL!!! If you had spent one more day there, you most likely would have signed up for the Bassmasters tour for next year, so you could go out and chase those GREEN CARP, LMAO!!!

PS. Great catch and it looks and sounds like you had a ball!!!!

4. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    Gene,
    Just got off the phone with you and those are some nice fish. Glad you had a good time. TNBIGCAT

5. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Nice Catch good job

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice fish Gene. In jersey they are heavily regulated. A keeper must be 28 inches and ya can only have 2 in your posession. Now I'm talkin stripers the ones you got are hybrid aren't they? Same regs apply to them also.

7. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Can you give us some details on how you got them? Depth, bait, presentation(trolling, drifting, anchoring). I'm really wanting to learn how to catch them like that here on the TN river. Thanks

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    :smile2: Nice catch. And George thems real stripers

9. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Big George:

They are stripers. There are a few hybrids in the lake but these are stripers.

DRC:

The Guide we were out with fished live Gizzard shad on I am guessing a 1/0 wire type hook with 6 to 8 foot leader to a Barrel swivel and then Egg sinkers fron 1 oz to 4 oz depending where he puts the rods in the pole holders. He uses different length of rods in certain spot as to where the lines never tangle with each other and he trolls with an electric trolling motor fairly slow. some baits are 30, 40 50 feet deep and the heavy sinkered rods and on the light sinkered rods ther is as much as 200 feet of line let out. Today we were fishing in the middle of a wide arm in about 60 feet of water and there was pleny of baitfish showing up on the graph. Sometimes he will trol accross points at those depths but today he didn't need to work to find fish. This guide has been guiding on Beaver Lake for about 25 years and he knows his stuff. My Buddy charters him probably 20 times a year as a company thing to take his customers, but today was kinda a Ole Buddys fishing trip.

Thats about the best I can tell ya;

Gene

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    By golly Gene, you da man! I'm glad you had so much fun. Don't let these smart guys get your goat! Your an old man and deserve to catch something once in a while lol That one fellas ears look kinda sore,but I guess he didn't mind since there are so many fish there. I bet you scared the big ones away though, seeing how they are more susceptible to loud old men! lol :lol: :lol: :big_smile:

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    man o man, now that there's a lot of them plastic fish!!!

12. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Gene it sure was nice of them to take you fishing . looks like a fun trip . Striper's will stretch your string.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way ta go ole buddy, looks like ya'll tore em up. We're glad to see you having some fun my friend. We can't wait to see you soon.

14. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man, great catches. I love fishing for those stripers, I just wish I could get the cats to bite right now. Good to see you guys are having better luck than me.