Old Whitney ramp

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jpw, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just a heads up for Old Whitney. I was coming in off the lake about 11:30PM Wednesday night and heard a vehicle driving away from the parking lot. I walked up to my truck and smelled gas and someone had started siphoning gas from my truck. They didnt get much at least..lol. At least they didn't break into my vehicle. Why aren't there any lights at that ramp? I hate a thief..lol I wish I had walked up on them. Just a heads up to all who launch there.

2. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    Before I joined the BOC I never thought twice when i locked my truck up at the ramp, but after hearing some of the stories from others I'm always nervous as I motor back to the ramp. It truly is a shame.

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Stuff like that does happen. I know Stanly County Sheriffs dept patrols those areas. In the past week I;ve seen deputies at Falls and Old Whitney.

4. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't want it to happen or nothing but if it's a gas vehical and they would be crazy enough to take some out of my truck and put it in their tank. It's a diesel. They would'nt get very far. Then maybe they would get caught.:smile2: