old west frankfort lake and new lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 187um, Apr 6, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    Need some help from my brothers oh and sisters with finding lake maps for both new and old frankfort lakes.Now before everyone starts saying google it or google earth or typing in free lake maps in my search engine i have to say i spent about 3 hours the other night searching free maps and all kinds of key words even went to illinois state sites and nothin the one map i did find looked like a pre-schooler drew it and it looked nothing like the lake. so if anyone outhere has the maps or knows where i can find them please let me know keep runnin into doors ya know so thanx guys and gals let me kno:cool2:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

3. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    hey thanks randy for that site was actually lookin for a free map but it would appear i am just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy it. thanks again

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

Yea I know you are, but for a local small lake like that your best bet would be to call or stop by the water department or city hall and ask if they have a structure map for it, and if you can get a copy, most all municipality H2O departments have one from before and after the lakes were built, and some will get you a copy some won't....... At-least that is where I have got some of my maps for local small city/county lakes

5. xbutton22x

xbutton22x New Member

State:
    IL
    Where is the best cat spot on the new lake. I would assume near the lily pads. any help would be great.

6. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    i have noticed there are good numbers of channels on the left side of the bridge if you are facing south like the second or third bridge piller after the hump of the bridge about 50-60 yards out is where i caught my last good number of cats on the new lake. 2-5 lbs average weight hope this helps good luck man

7. xbutton22x

xbutton22x New Member

State:
    IL
    Any bait suggestions. I have lots of shad guts and plan to chum with sour grain.

8. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea shad guts will do pretty good. takes some cut shad as well sometimes they like the choice, also never actually got the fish on shore but i was walking along the rocks and found a couple of crawdads and used them both of them got me hits and then snapped the line so i guess that would be a plus to have but use some good thick line.