Old type nylon,dacron line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by kyjake, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went fishing the other day with three rigs,two with mono and a used reel that I had bought that had the old type nylon line.The nylon handled so much better in the cold that I would like to get some more if is still being made and sold.
    Jake

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Bass Pro Shops carries a dacron line that I use. It's called Magic Braid. Good line!

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    a lot of tackle catalogs have it listed as green dot dacron.i have some on a 14/0 peen reel that is 26 yrs. old.i still use it twice a yr. shark fishing at port occonor tex.keep it clean it will last forever.johnnie

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks Jonnie and Kevin.Will try to get some on order.That 26 year old line sounds interesting.
    Jake

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Dacron line is still great line to use when you aren't concerned about it's larger diameter. Old style nylon line is another matter, IMO. Stretchy as a rubber band--I didn't like it back in the 50s, and I still don't think it's good line. Braided superline beats it in every category, and you can use it on both revolving spool reels and spinning reels.