Old TV shows

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SouthGADan, Nov 9, 2009.

1. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    How many of you watch any old TV shows? I mean like Andy Griffith, Gunsmoke, and The Beverly Hillbillies. I've recently re-discovered Sanford and Son and watch it about every night, and I enjoy Andy Griffith, Gunsmoke, and Bonanza from time to time. I don't care much for Andy Griffith when it's in color; it's just not the same. When we used to go see my grandpa every Thursday, he always had TV Land on. His favorites were Sanford and Son, All In The Family, and any of the old western shows.

So, do any of you enjoy watching any of those old shows?

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Old? lol :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Daniel,
    There is this Cable Channel out this way call "T.V. Land" out here in the bay area that show all of the "Classic T.V. Shows" like the ones that you mention including show like:
    Barney Miller
    Welcome Back Carter
    The Jefferson's
    Archie Bunker
    Good Times
    The Golden Girls
    The Brady Bunch
    The Partridge Family
    Ect.....
    Now That was Good T.V.
    :wink:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There have been a good many series on TV that I miss, But I guess I have a strange taste in shows cause they come out with one I like and more often than not they are short lived. And cartoons ? THey haven't made one worth turning on since Thundar the Barbarian ! IMO

old shows worth watching.........

Time Tunnel
    Voyage to the bottom of the sea
    Johnny Quest !
    King Kong cartoon ( Ten times as big as a man )
    Frankestien Jr cartoon
    Atom Ant cartoon or was that Adam ?
    Wild wild west
    Night Gallery
    Dark Shadows
    Anything with a werewolf in it..LOL
    Tales of the Gold Monkey
    The Night Stalker
    Fearless Fly
    America's Greatest Hero
    Rat Patrol
    Twelve O'clock High
    Lost in Space
    Star Trek

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I like to watch any of the Andy Griffith shows B&W or color also like Mayberry RFD,along with Gunsmoke, bonanza ,The Big Valley,The Rifleman,The Beverly hillbillies, Green acres whew!!!! too many to mention:eek:oooh:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Jack, I think he was talkin about the new fangled thing that shows moving pictures in a box, at your home no less.:wink:

7. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I enjoy those shows , but I wish there was a network that showed shows from the 80's.

8. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    I watched most of those already named ..here is a couple more that I remember..Six million dollar man,,,WonderWoman..I dream of jeanie and sportsman lodge

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    last of the summer wine.love the show but its weird knowing that most of the stars are dead.

10. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    im addicted to TCM,TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES. thats my go to channel with NO advertisements.:big_smile::cool2:

11. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    I think I have watched Little House On The Prairie 3 times over. But I love it!

12. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    shania, I get T.V. Land as well; that's the only channel I can think of that carries those old shows, at least out of the ones I get. I don't like some of the newer shows they've been putting on there though.
    I like to watch those old movies sometimes. A lot of them are really entertaining, and because they did things so different back then, the plots are often hard for me to predict.
    Oh man, when I was little we used to watch that all the time. I saw one episode with cowboys & indians in it, and as a kid, I played cowboys & indians all the time, so I watched it hoping they'd show more cowboys & indians, lol.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If it came in color its not old to me, if it was on TV that is, there are some really old movies in color. I really like old movies the best. The cartoons went to hell when they were made for TV, except for a chosen few, like Rocky and Bullwinkle, Beany and Cecil, Underdog, Dudley Do-Right. I consider all cartoons that were shown in theaters to me classic masterpieces. Hanna Barbara is mostly all junk........I liked most of the popular sitcoms and the old serials, but I miss the old game shows the most, how many can you name? lol :cool2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    bowling for dollars, the liars club

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't like them 'old tv programs'. Reminds me how long it's been since I first saw them. :smile2:

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My fav. was Mary Hartman,Mary Hartman.when she drownd in her pea soup. hahaha it was kind of a thing "yep done that"
    smokey

17. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well Married with children is not as "old" as the ones listed but it's a good one!!!:wink::tounge_out: & a classic in my books:cool2:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lets go back a few more years. Name that tune, To tell the truth, Pop Eye the sailor man, .Red Skeleton,Amos and Andy (Radio),and Lucy. Just to name a few. I like and miss most of those already mentioned.

19. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    what's my line ---- i've got a secret ---- pinky lee ------- the range rider and sky king ... my friend flicker .....hop along .........somewhere after that , correct me if i am wrong , was the 64 000 dollar question ...........but my hero , is big al bundy lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! groucho and that dang dead bird on a string :smile2: can't remember the name of the quiz show ...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  20. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    here is some more..I use to watch the Lawrence welch show..and then the Incredible hulk