old timers and their stories.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mactheaxe, Sep 22, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i ran into my neighbor today. hes an old feller who has been fighting cancer for the past 17 years. he had asked me to maneuver his dock around because the high waters brought it onto land. well we got to talkin fishing and he has given me a trolling motor, waders, and a snapping turtle catching cage. i declined, but he insisted and so i have all three very thankfully. he took me into his home and showed me some very big bass that came out of this lake. one was 14lbs, one was 12.5, and the other was 11. not bad at all. anyway, just makes my day to run into someone who has memories like that. i love hearing stories and seeing pictures of way back when. thought it was something worth sharing.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Man i could sit and listen to the old fellas stories for hours.love it

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i was lucky as a boy i had 3 uncles that sit around and talked bout their fishing all the time.i learned a lot by listening and fishing with them.my father was a workaholic so it fell to my uncles to teach me.now im the old guy with the storys to tell and only other old guys listen to what i got to say.what ever happened to youngster respect your elders.:wink:

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i could listen to the old timers for hours, as a kid i remember alot of tips and old farmer gave me for hunting and fishing the fellow has been gone now for at least 30 years but i still have those tips in my head

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    amen!

i think some of the old timers on here need to post some of them stories :wink:

6. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    we whould but we forget how they end then people dont beleave them