Old Sears, 1 banger

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by CountryHart, May 24, 2009.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Willard a guy give me and OLD Sears motor. No reverse, turn her backwards. Anyway it needs a fuel attachment for the hose and also wonder if a guy can find the impeller for the lower unit. The thing has good compression and actually cranked momentarily off either.
    The tag has these # on it,,,,,60920 and below that is 092372B

Any info. where i might get this old relick some parts would be greatly appreciated. Be neat just to see if we can make her run again. probably never use it but would enjoy hearin the motor of yesteryear, crank and run. jf

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I'll see what I can find out on that engine. Sounds like one that was made in the mid fifties. Prolly and old evenrude or scott atwater. They were called dock bumpers because every one forgot to turn them around when they got to the dock.

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Countryhart, there should be 3 numbers before the first set of #'s, that's going to be the model #. It may be a Simpson-Sears. I'll check thru my old stuff CD and see if there's anything that might help ya.

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Here's a link that might help identifying the motor, Sears motors were made by a bunch of folks, Clinton, Eska, McCullough....., hope this does ya some good

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    my dad had one of those that we never did get running right. It kept stalling all the time. It had a tekumseh engine.

6. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    country hart , we worked on one of those old sears motors a couple yrs ago , just fooling around ................ some of the electrical parts we found at a lawn mower shop ......... i think ours was a scott atwater ........

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It needs the end for the fuel hose that hooks tothe motor and surely a water pump. I think it will run. Has enuff fire to light your bell if ya hold it.:crazy::crazy::crazy: Mucho sparkola.:smile2:

8. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I HAD ON OF THOSE OLD MOTORS.I GOT IT FROM MY DAD.HE BOUGHT IT SOME WHERE BUT THAT THING WOULD START ON THE FIRST PULL EVERY TIME.IT WAS ONLY 3 HORSE MY 40# TROLLING MOTOR WOULD OUT RUN IT ANY DAY.ENDED UP TRADING IT TO A BUDDY WHO STILL HAS IT ON HIS 10 FT. JON BOAT.