Old School Racing Brings Back Retired Drivers

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i can dig it!

the first race is scheduled for may '08:big_smile:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it will be fun to watch, i can about bet you won't see any of them doing back-flips after a victory!!! probably will hold their post-race interview at Bob Evans lol... i can see it now....no gatorade in winners circle or beer...all Folgers coffeye .....rollo:smile2:

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know bout Y'all, BUt Thats going to be some good racing! They have drivers there that can run at the NEXTELL cup {or what ever the heck its called now}.:wink: I hope they have races on speed.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    A bunch of old guys with thier turns signals stuck on and driving 10mph under the speed limit and you think it will be a good race :smile2:.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

don't forget that all you can see from behind them is the top of a fedora hat and white knuckles gripping the steering wheel:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Remember, the old guys were driving when drivers had to DRIVE. No radios between car and crew, no spotters to tell you where to go on the track, no yellow flags whenever someone saw a bottle cap or some spit on the track. Heck, they didn't even have automatic fully enclosed ejection seats...OH, thats right, those don't come out till next year. I can't wait until they start giving the drivers remote controls and let them sit in the club house and drive'em like slot cars.

7. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    That will be some good racing

8. catfish lilly

catfish lilly New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Me and kenny wood love to have that bike:cool2::smile2::wink:.................

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Lilly
    Welcome to the BOC! You must be a helluva woman to put up with that Kenny.LOL

Glenn

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The only think I like about the COT is the drivers complaining about how it drives like a truck:big_smile:
    They have to manhandle it.

I remember a few years ago Jr. turned some laps in one of those old cars at Charlotte I believe.
    He couldnt believe they raced those things.:smile2: