old school drivers leaving void

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 19, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i owe it to my 11 year driver dale jarrett to post this link to the article.

as a young fan of any sport, its only time before your favorite team will change or driver retires. sometimes we dont like the changes as i did not want to see ups at first, however it was a good marrige between the two. i didnt want to see toyota seating my driver either. its somewhat relaxing to see him retire now rather than just drive around the track filling a field only when his smaller team can get the car qualifyed.

as we all were saddened by the loss of dale earnhardt i too am sad to see my driver go even though in the past 3 seasons ive found a new driver to fill the gap and keep me involved in the one and only sport i like.

time change things advance the cars, tracks, teams. hopfully nascar will stay fan involved and keep from making to many mistakes driving off the fans. the car of tomorrow doesnt set well with me as of yet. didnt care much for this chase but the excitment of the last 10 laps when your driver is leading or coming fast is what draws the fans back time and time again/ not to mention tailgating, beer, BBQ grills, sunshine, rain, sweat and gasoline. nascar. its all about the family and friends, like the b.o.c.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/hea...aviello.generational.gap.in.nascar/index.html

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree. Good post & link Jeremy!:big_smile:

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I was always a Richard Petty fan and always will be, but after he retired I decided to pick one of the rookies that same year as King Richard's last. It was Jeff Gordon.

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I was an Dale Sr fan for many years thought I was in heaven when I went to his shop after he opened it up.Followed Junior as well from seeing him hit some of the short tracks in NC to getting an autograph when he came up this way in 2000.
    I am wondering what kind of sendoff UPS will be giving him.Last night I found a lil DJ history thingy you might like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Lund#Sons_of_Lund_and_Jarrett_Together_by_Sponsorship

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    only time i was fortunate to get a nascar drivers auto was via e-bay. im glad i got it though.
    its a big ford credit 1/18 the big ones scale action and its autoed on roof dy dale, and driver door by ned, and passenger door by dales son jason jarrett. 3 gen's of drivers and got the origional photo lab pics of each sighning.

pic of pics,lol. car is put up in storage.