Old Outboard Motors

Discussion in 'Boating' started by ole whiskers, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

Lets hear about any old outboards. We had a 20hp Wizard it lasted for about 30 years. My grand father paid 250 still in box from western auto. It was the early 60's. The sign was 250 off price. But all it said was 250. After talking to manager he got it for 250.:wink:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was recently givin an old sears outboard. No reverse, single cylinder. Useless to me but neat conversation piece.

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    All I fished with for years was an old Sears 7.5 HP air cooled engine. I think it was made by Eska. Air cooled top and water cooled lower leg and exhaust. Never let me down and I could work on it myself. Paid $35.00 for it, used, if I remember in 1969. It powered old semi 12' V hulled boat, then a 14x36 Jon boat and then a homemade pontoon boat over the years.
    When I got my Coleman Scanoe I sold it and bought a Sears 1.2 HP outboard that was made by Aquabug. I still have that motor but I miss that old Eska.

:embarassed:

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Back in the 70's, I bought what was then an old motor, a 25 hp Wizard (Western Auto). It was made by Merc, 4 cyl inline. It screamed.

5. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    we had an old 10hp wizzard aircooled dad got second hand bought a sears 14ft semi v dont know the year model we got it in 69 ran that thing till bailling wire and hose clamps wouldn,t hold her together she died about 1976 r.i.p.:roll_eyes:

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have a 3.6 h/p firestone 1946 model that still runs good and I have a 1947 4 h/p that runs good and I have a 1970 evinrude 6 h/p that runs good.

7. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I have a 1963 10 hp Evinrude that starts 2nd pull every time and runs great.