Old Movies

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, Jul 24, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    JEEEZ I have been thinking again.They have a big bath house at resort that we are buying into.I have been thinking about showing old movies on the wall. for the young and the young at heart.Okay this is whare it gets tricky.whare would I find old W.C.Field movies old RinTinTin moveis and That famliy of ghosts you remember the one with the dog.how much would I have to pay for a projector? And is that a good idea or are kids too cool to go watch old flicks? smokey

2. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I don't know about old movies, but my Daughter would get embarrassed when she would have some of her friends over and I played some of my music (Disco and rock music from the 70s and 80s)?
    Now, when she has friends over, they ask me to play some of my music?

You just never know what young people now days will be interested in?
    The only way you'll know is to give it a try?

As far as finding some old movies like that, I don't know, just do some searching?

Good luck!

Ken

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Have you tried your public library? It's worth a shot...

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Joe, forget the old flicks for the kids. Heck they think any thing done before 1998 is an old movie even 2000 depending on their age. lol :roll_eyes:

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I guess I am not too old at 30 and I love old movies. You can't go wrong with the DUKE. I could watch John Wayne all day long.:cool2:

6. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    good bad and ugly!... thats a goodun... i had to watch it 2 times to finnaly understand it 100% GREAT MOVIE tho!...

i think pale rider? that sound right? yea thats it... thats a goodn

7. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    The movie with the ghosts (a young couple and thier St Bernard dog) is named "Topper" one of my favorite classic movies.
    You might check at your local Video rental store, some times they have the classics

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Joe,

Try the Cracker Barrel store. They have lots of old movies, and you can probably shop on line there, too.

Take care.
    Cheryl

9. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    A fond memory from my childhood (around 1983) was going to the Carolina Theatre with my dad to watch the classic old movies. Metropolis (the first silent movie I ever saw), The Day the Earth Stood Still, The General, Run Silent Run Deep, and even 2001 a Space Odyssey. So now, at the age of 34 I actually have Buster Keaton on dvd, and sometimes, my kids will even sit with me and watch Steamboat Bill Jr. My dad was also a huge Bogart fan so Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The African Queen, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, ect.... were a staple of entertainment for me. So much so, that I also have The Cain Mutiny in my dvd library too.

Some of my dad's old movies I liked, some I didn't, but the most important thing that it taught me was "cool" is a state of mind. Do what you do, watch what you watch, listen to what you listen to, wear what you wear because it's what you like. Nothing is cooler than that.

Jon