Old Mitchell 300 Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by xnmcclurex, May 21, 2009.

1. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    my dad found this old mitchell 300 while helping his buddy clean out his boat shop. the one guy almost threw it away. anyone know how old it is or how much its worth?

Attached Files:

2. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Is kind of hard to tell exactly but it looks like it is probably around 1960's or 70's vintage. New ones cost about $30 or so then. They have been updated a little now but basically are the same reel. I believe they are the number one selling reel of all time. I have several of them and wouldn't take anything for them. You have yourself a find.

:cool2:

3. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I picked one up at an auction a year ago for 12 bucks.
    I had a guy try to sell me one at a flea market on Sat. for $30 but it was a little stiff and all beat up.
    They 're a great reel, I wouldn't sell mine for anything.

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    It's probaly from the 60's and they were and are great reel's .

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya that ones from the 60s. they were good in their time, but a later model will hold up better. the bails seem to know when its time to be set on a shelf and retire. :big_smile::cool2:

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whistler will give you $10 for it, lol. :wink: I have one too. Mine is in pristine condition. I doubt I will ever fish with it, but wouldn't part with it because it belonged to my Grandpa. Got several antique reels when he died.