Old memories

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Feb 14, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sitting here this morning waiting on the wife to get off work i pulled out some old VHS tapes.I have not watch these tapes in 10yrs.

Started watching one of snagging spoonbill at miami ok back in 1992.Brought a few tears to my eyes seeing my dad,but it was very injoyable reliving those days with him.I cant believe how I have'nt changed a bit since 92"":smile2:

Some of the fishing was in the boat and some from the banks.Hauled in many in the 50-60lb range.Plus a couple of wipers that my dad snagged in the 10-15lb range.We did'nt even know what they were back then.

Next up catching crappie in then 90's...

2. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Tom, I grew up in Udall, Ks. I have no tapes or pics to look at, but the memories I have fishin the Walnut river east of town. and the many night I spent fishin at the Winfield dam. and the old Oxford dam on the Arkansas river.

Kansas was a great place to grow up and make those good memories. Thanks for bringing those thoughts back.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Tom, Im glad you finally got them videos out. I know they are hard to watch at first but they good for your soul. I am glad I have some of my Dad, and they are priceless to me.
    When ever you are ready get me some copies and I will get them on Dvd for you.:wink:
    Flint, I grew up fishin those same places. I wish you could still get to the dam at Oxford. We camped there all the time. We also used to camp at the Winfield dam and down at the park in Ark City.
    Good memories down there. I hope to make many more.

Attached Files:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Flint....I have a bunch of tapes I just need to get them out and watch them.

Kyle I'm getting them out and plan to have them transferd to CD's so you can make me a video....Cant wait to get them done.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, I don't know if you and Kyle are talking about of "CD's" or "DVD's", but if you need help, I'd be happy to help Kyle transfer some of your VCR tapes to DVD's(?). Then you could watch them on your TV instead of the computer.

6. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thats great, sometimes I look at the pictures of my son and when we use to fish together all of the time. before he got off into life. sure miss those times

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I lost my Pops before we knew what a VCR was, I wish I had some videos of him. I've got plenty of memories though, I just keep them in my head, and in my heart.
    I'll be back in a minute, I got something in my eye.:roll_eyes:

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Man Kyle you are just makin me realy want to go catch a flathead now. Just think about 50yds south of the edge of your pic. of the dam and you are in heavenly whole full of flats during late spring.:0a32::go::0a23:

If there was only a little guy wading in waist deep water I wouldn't have to use the boat image. But you get my point.:wink:

Chris

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    My dad has all are pics. from me and him fishin when I was little. Like you Kyle alot of them are on the Walnut.:wink: