Old lock and dam trip

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jul 17, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

Well went out this morning to the Old Lock and Dam off of hwy 167. I got there just after daylight and got my poles out. The smaller poles I set with chicken livers and chunk bait. My two big cat rods I set out after I caught some bream to put on them. I got a couple hits but no takers.

There were some really big fish hitting the surface. I'm not sure what all of them were but I hope they were big blues. I did see one fish hit the surface and recognized it as a gar but, I don't think all of the fish that were hitting the surface were gar. They didn' t hit the surface in the same way.

Any way that got my hopes up that I might catch a good one down there some day but I guess it wasn't meant to be this day.

I only tightlined off the bottom today. I didn't take any bobbers with me but, next time I will and fix one rod with a bobber and fish one on the bottom.

That's all I have to report for now I'll post some pics of my location later.
  2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck in the future brother, keep us posted

3. riverrat6

riverrat6 New Member

put in at moro bay last sunday n rode up to the lock at calion. got there bout 8am n fished till about 11:30am before it got too hot. no monsters but we caught n released 13 blues (2-8lbs) and 5 flathead (4-10lbs). bout half on cut shad and half on bream heads. caught a few skipjack bout 10am n switched over to using them n only got two bites, but i think that was mainly because it had gotten so hot by then. seemed like they were lettin more water thru there than normal n they were piled up below the spillway