Old Indian

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by MRR, Nov 11, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have an old Indian Compound bow with the arrow rest broke off. What do you all suggest as a arrow rest replacement .Like to use it just don't know what to use.Thanks in Advance.

2. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    My guess is you're going to get alot of guys that say whisker biscuits, but I replaced my arrow rest last year with a drop away style rest. I love it. Its pretty similar to this one: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20074&hasJS=true

There is a felt thing you stick on it to cut down the noise. Also they have a arrow holder that sticks on the shelf so your arrow doesn't fall out all the time. I've never had a problem with this rest, its quiet and I think I've shot more consistently since I got it installed.

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey John! I'm not sure of the riser design on your bow, but most rests are compatable with the bows of yesterday and today. My advice is to take the bow to an Archery Pro Shop and see what rest fits the bow. Prong ( shoot through), total containment, fall away rests have many different styles to choose from. I would go with your best interest. Myself, I like the fall away rests too. They offer accurate arrow travel and are quiet.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use a shoot through prong style rest and I like the accuracy I get with them. I used to have an Old Indian LongBow that I hunted with as a kid.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im new to this so I cant help ya out. These other members will tho. :wink: