Old Hickory

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catman529, Dec 4, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Who fishes there? Last summer ('05) I caught a good channel cat at a camp. I wanna get out there this winter and catch skipjack at the dam and go try to get my first blue cat. Where are some good spots?

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jon, this time of year your best bet to catch skipjack will be at the Gallatin steam plant discharge. Only accessable by boat now.

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How come it is only accessible by boat? I read that it was also bank accessible. I was wondering how to get to it. We don't have a boat (yet) so I don't know how we're gettin in there. Why is the bank not accessible anymore?

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Before 9-11 you could get in at the steam plant. If it has been opened back up I don't know about it. I have not seen anyone fishing from the bank for the last 2 years. Like I said if there is away to get in, I'm not aware of it.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    that makes sense why they closed it. too bad. thanks for telling me though because it would have been a disappointment to drive out there and not get in.:sad2:

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jon, where exactly in Tennessee do you live. I'm pretty near Clarksville. Are you close? Maybe we could hook up sometime and go fishing.