Old Hickory

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cumberlandcat, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I am back to fishing. Old Hickory is on fire again. Yesterday I went out with no bait and couldn't catch a skip found about 60 or 70 small shad and boy did they like em. I caught probably about 30 fish, sizes were much better than usually. Caught a few around 30lbs and a bunch in the 20's and teens. I filled up a 50gallon trash can with just guts after filleting them. Went back today and caught some shad and slammed them again. Today they were smaller fish. Biggest was probably around 25 but probably caught about 20 around 5 to 10lbs. Caught a big stripe around 20lbs. Old hick is good to go for the next 6 months as far as I am concerned any day should produce lots of fish.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How deep were you fishin?

3. tangell88

tangell88 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks for the report. me and jbird01 have been goin just about everyweekend but took this one off. sounds like we should of went. we need to meet up one weekend and maybe u could show us a trick or two because we havent caught too much since its been cold

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks for the report what kind of shad are you using gizzard or thread fin

5. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    thanks for the great report:cool2: and congrats on a great catch.:tounge_out:

6. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I hope that we do this good Monday.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was fishing between 20 and 55 feet depending upon the hole we were fishing . I was using gizzards and thread fins for bait. I don't like using them in the winter time but that is all I have been able to get. Like I was saying all of you should be able to go out and catch a ton of fish any day of the week on Old Hickory until may in my opinion. The next six months are the best and location depends everytime I go. I generally fish between about 10 holes a day.