Old Hickory this weekend

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tangell88, Dec 17, 2009.

1. tangell88

tangell88 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    whos goin fishing? me and jbird are gonna try and get out there saturday. i was wonderin if any of u guys are gonna be out there?

2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    No saturday is part of my work week, to much going on this weekend going to try the monday after Christmas.:cool2:

3. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I gotta work on saturday. Where are you guys puttin in..

4. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Wish I could, got the :big_smile:christmas shopping thing, ho ho ho. Let us know how it goes. Thanks Dennis

5. tangell88

tangell88 New Member

State:
    Tennessee

i dont know yet. we usually dont decide until we get to the end of my street. lol

6. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Looks like its gonna be a cold n wet day tomorrow. Hopefully the bite is good! Think we are goin to put in at Avondale.

7. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    the fish are already wet they don't mind a little rain:tounge_out:

8. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Well today SUCKED!! Tyler caught one dinky blue in five hours of fishin. Only had two bites. Someone please tell us what we are doin wrong lol. We tried all depths from 20-60 ft. The most action of the day was chasing a deer takin a swim lol didnt know they were such good swimmers.

9. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    What kind of structure are you fishing? I am not a pro at catching big fish but I am consistant at catching fish.If I were going to water that I didn't know I would start with fishing points with deep water atleast on one side. As far as river fishing haven't tried yet, but that is my next challenge. Whenever I go fishing I always pick atleast one spot on lake that I have never fished and give it try, a good local fisherman knows the good spots the more places you try the more good places you learn. :eek:oooh: I will leave a spot if it hasn't produced with in 30-40 minutes sometimes less if the spot does not fell good to me. Watch the crappie fisherman, crappie and catfish like alot of the same structure. Hope this helps and good luck.:tounge_out:

10. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    We usually can find the fish but since it has gotten cold we have struggled. We tried several new spots yesterday, one had so much structure I had all three of my lines snag and break within a 50 ft stretch. :angry: We always try the places everyone says hold fish like the outside river bends, structure, drops etc.. Getting kinda frustrating but we are gonna keep at it till we find em!

11. fairweatherfisherman

fairweatherfisherman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would be interested in knowing the water clarity if you would care to share that information. Were you fishing live baits?

12. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    How big of bait chunks were you fishing with and also hook size. when its cold like this I have better success on smaller hooks 2/0 and small bait. Quarter size. I can relate to your frustration.. been there. keep at it...

13. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome aboard the BOC Mike.

14. fairweatherfisherman

fairweatherfisherman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks. Good to be here. Had a little surgery and couldn't fish for a couple of months, but I'm back at it this afternoon after a little drive.

15. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    We were using cut skip jack and fresh cut blue gill. Usually have two poles out with about 1 inch squares and one pole with big bait.

16. Bigg Willy

Bigg Willy New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Old Hickory is like a women.On fire one day,and friged the next.
    If all else fails try the exaust side of the steam plant and tie to the wall.Fish are there.! all the time.
    You will need $20 in rigging, two out of three casts strip your line clean.
    If you hook one there it will be a big one.

17. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Me and a buddy had a couple hours to kill and went to my bank spot near the channel over by schutes branch. We caught 4 in about an hour and a half. Did not want to leave but I had some estimates to give. Used cut shad. There was alot of current. My buddy caught 1 in about 30ft of water, 3 in 6ft of water and I caught 1 in about 30 ft of water. Will get some pics posted soon.

18. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Way to go, we'll be waiting to those picks.:big_smile:

19. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    They were no monsters but the bite was good. Just about every 5 to 10 minutes or so. Shad were jumping everywhere.

20. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Sounds like something had rang the underwater dinner bell:wink: