Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be down June 20th thru 26th fishing and camping on Old Hickory @ Cedar Creek campgrounds ..Any ideas on good possible fishing spots close to there ? I won't be bringing my boat because I am limited to my trolling motor this year and it is a LOONNG haul from central KY . If anyone needs an extra hand jugging that week . I am knowladgeable or if ya just need company...anyhow any suggestions would be appreciated ...THX Lance

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Not much to report..Cattracker13 has been reporting that something big has been giving him fits over @ Shutes Branch..I went last Friday, but the weather was bad and I did very little fishing..I did catch 2 skips though..

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Heading down on Sunday how is the bite ? What bait ? 4 Cat's ,whites or hybrids ?
Haven't really done any serious fishing down there lately..I've been kinda in the zone trying to get my boat fixed..Waiting on a fuel pump to come in, and this weekend will be installing a new floor..It is very hot out there during the day I can tell ya that..My buddy has been stopping there a few times during the week and he's been telling me its kinda hit and miss..One day he'll catch a few the next he can't get a bite..He's saying the bass are biting pretty good, largemouth and whites...He hasn't fished for any cats, he's just been throwing a jig for skips and catching a mix of bass and skips on it..I've done really well down there last year catching channels on creek chubs, and if you got a cast net you might be able to find a few shad..Theres also a lil store down there that sells minnows too if all else fails..I'm just not really big on buying bait, but the minnows will work..I'm pretty sure you can prbably catch a few skips too around there..Even if you catch just one I'm sure you can cut em up pretty good to make enough bait for a decent night of fishing, plus there's plenty bream..I've had pretty good success down there with bream too..I'll be working all during the week..I work from 7 am to 3:30 but I can do a lil fishing after work, and if my buddy is around he knows the area way better than me and can probably give you some pointers and locations..Hope to see you around Lance, and hope you enjoy your stay here in Tennessee..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.