Old Hickory 12/14

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cattracker13, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Kevin (pondwater) brought the boat and I brought the skips. We put in at Laugardo off 109. Hit a few spots and caught several fish. Took some pics of some of the bigger fish. No monsters but we did catch a total of 7 fish and was a good day.
    Kevin caught what looked like a cross between a flat and a blue. Never seen one like this fish. Also had a chunk rippped out of his head from mabey hitting a prop.
    Had a great day fishing with Kevin. Hes a great guy. Hats off and many thanks for the invite!!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    It was a great trip, and I hope that we get to get to go together many more times.It was one of those trips that location was everything, we caught all of our fish except one on the same rod and all those rod holders on my boat aren't just for looks.:tounge_out:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats and thanks for the pics.

4. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I am going out with Ponwater on Monday, hope that we catch a bunch if that will keep us warm!

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on catchin some fish.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have quite a few channels thats looked like they were crossed with flatheads too. I caught one yesterday, flat big head but the coloring of a dark channel cat.

7. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

I have caught several of those and did not know what they were. There is one in my video that was 23 pounds, we just thought it was a type of blue. Check him out.
    He is on part 2.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129876

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  8. Bigg Willy

Bigg Willy New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Fished Old Hickory Monday, The current in the channel was to swift and the anchor was useless so we went to the exhaust side of the steam plant and tied to the wall. I hooked about a 65 lb flat head and didn't have a net Big enough. snaped 50 pound test line at the hook. she didn't like seeing the surface of the water. She dove for the bottom the second time and lost her.!!!!

9. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Welcome to the BOC.

What was you using? Live bait? Was there any skipjacks on that side?

10. Bigg Willy

Bigg Willy New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Was using skipjacks for bait.! No skipjacks on that side that i could catch
    Been have'n a rough time finding skips lately. The skips i hade were frozen
    and hooked them at cumberland city steam plant.

11. festus

festus New Member

Thanks for the report, fellas, great too hear abt midstate fishing. Tailwaters below Ft. Loudoun were flooding over shore sidewalks & all bank fisherrmen were on lock side (probably to avoid drowning). There were at least a dozen boats at the lock jigging 4 sauger, only saw 1 caught, looked a puny 8 inches. This was also Mon. Dec 14. The tailwaters below Mel. Hill Lake were even worse. Cloudy coffee color, I tried catfishing with nightcrawlers and finally got a bluegill to cut 4 bait. Finally I moved to the Loudoun/Tellico canal and caught a couple of dinky smallmouth, not even legal size 4 cut bait. But it was good getting out there, 67 degrees in Dec, sauger will soon be hitting, hopefully whenever it gets colder. It's not entirely TVA's fault--it"s rained a bunch lately. Ft Loudoun Reswater level is low, Watts Bar is (or was yesterday)having high water.

Hope I didn"t horn in and hijack the post, I'm just an East TN fisherman who loves Middle TN, also. It's good to hear any reports this late in the year.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas.

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah saugers and walleyes are just around the corner from tearin lines up.

13. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    welcome to the BOC and sorry for your luck on the line breaking, thats why its called fishing and not catching we don't always win and that is what dives that passion to try again.The knowing of the unknown:tounge_out:

14. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Always good to hear from you Festus and you have a merry Christmas also.:wink:

15. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Thanks for the report. Im surprised the skips are not hitting on the discharge side yet. I think the corp lowering the water this year has definitley had an affect on the skip action.

16. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Speaking of rod holders. Here are some more pics. Kevin has a good set up..

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      29.4 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  17. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    dang i wonder wat happened to the ones eye

18. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    My theory is the location we were fishing was right near a duck blind as you can see in the background of one of the pics. Usually those blinds are sometimes in real shallow water. In some locations you can go from 30ft to 1 ft quick out at Old Hickory. My guess some duck hunters ran their prop through the mud and ripped this one up.

19. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man how many rods were you guys fishing. I get crap for using 6 or 8 rods from other guys all the time. Nice set up, looks nice and open and plenty of bait in the water.

20. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    If I am anchored out in still water I will use 10 or 11, its covering water game sometimes :tounge_out:and thanks for the complement on my boat. :cool2: