Old Hick Dam - Skip Jack should be there soon.

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cumberlandcat, Mar 19, 2009.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone tried below the dam lately, I know those skips should be in there soon but I have been working to much to go check as much as I usually do. This Year I am going to pay more attention to the water temp when they move in.

2. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Caught some a couple months ago on the Hend side just above the creek mouth. Guys were catching them on the bank. I was in my boat.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went 2 times today and caught a few but there aren't in there thick yet. Next week they will be, time to stock up.

4. heavystringer

heavystringer New Member

State:
    Tn
    got the boat ready today..takin my daughter to OH dam tommorrow evening..i'll let you guys know what we do..:wink:

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Any good news yet, I am working a lot but when their in I will be down there.

6. heavystringer

heavystringer New Member

State:
    Tn
    this weather we had stopped me from going last weekend..but i'm gonna hit it on saturday..i'll let ya know

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Skips are back in, I caught 4 buckets full this morning. I wouldn't even bother trying to go down there and try to catch any, I caught them all. Got about a half bucket of big gizzards too.

8. heavystringer

heavystringer New Member

State:
    Tn
    water has just been too high and fast..i'm just waiting for the spill gates to close and it's on big time..for now it's just waiting:sad2:

9. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    Let me know when the gates close, so I can head over there and try to catch some skips. With all the rain we've, its hard for me to make the drive all the way over there from La Vergne, not knowing what the fishing is like there.

10. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wouldn't wait, they are in there thick and biting good.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Is the water still up pretty good when you're getting them? I've been wanting to hit the Greenup L&D for them but the water level has been pretty high. I haven't heard any reports of them being caught there yet. Just wondering if the high water will effect them?:confused2:

12. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have caught them in high muddy fast water many times. If your in the right spot. When they were spittin out 61,000cubic feet per sec the water was too rough I bet they were biting but the waves were so big I think they were keeping their distance from the rocks.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks! I'm gonna go try for them soon. I've not been able to get any yet this year, they have to start showing up soon.:confused2: