Old guys

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by Big Eli, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Regular season opened for use old guys last weekend and we hit it hard Friday am. Well as hard as old farts with bad knees can. Theses tame birds they release here in Ohio don't like to fly unless you give em a boot!!! We don't have dogs but there were lots of folks with em and alot of the time the flushers (dogs) would just pick up the birds and bring em back to the masters without even a shoot fired. I saw one guy pick one up and trough it in the air to get it to fly. O well it's better than no birds at all.

Got picks but they are wrong fomat to post, Sorry!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats but sounds like those pen raised birds sorta take the hunt outa the hunt but some great eatin anyways

3. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Yea, it's not as much fun as it used to be. In the last 3 years the size (much smaller) and aditude of the birds has declined emensly. It's all most like some sweet old lady is raiseing, feeding and petting them every day. When you walk up on some of them they kind of look up at you like they expect you to pat there heads and thro them some feed!!!

I think the Ohio DNR needs to do something about this. If the birds don't get taken by hunters I'm sure that they die within a few days to a week. The state parks are well mantained to support a population of "wild" birds but not hand feed pets!!!

But like you said they are still fun and very yummy. Beats a trip to Nebraska or the Dacota's