Registered
561 Posts
Craig,
Not to stray from flatheads but my wife was wondering if we are related:unsure:
View attachment 322194

View attachment 322195

...W
Doppelgänger maybe?

Could be my brother from another mother!

Anything’s possible... my grandpa had 9 brothers AND 9 sisters, so there are plenty of forks to my family tree!

I’m hoping to meet up with some of you guys at the next Indiana gathering... if you’ll let some WV mountaineers in.

·
Registered
Jon from Indiana
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes its neat how much there coloring can vary. A piebald flathead would look really cool.

Glad atleast a few of us are enjoying these pictures! I will be here all winter guys! Hopefully more people will jump in.

Don't be shy yall, I don't care what size they are. Most of what I've posted so far have been under ten lbs. A flathead is a flathead!

One of the pictures above where I'm laughing my butt off, thats my smallest. Didn't know I had him untill I reeled it in to check my bait.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Trophy hunter, not sure where you are, but here in PA, that last week in July is a GREAT time to catch a sledgehammer sized flathead. They are coming off the spawn and they are hungry. My PB also came from last week in July.

Awesome pics. That is a beautiful fish! I keep going back to that braveheart pic, what an awesome looking dude!! Keep the pics coming, wish I had more on this phone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Steve, the third and fourth pics (on mobile at least) it looks like the one fish has an indent up around its head and the other one has an indent back on the body. Were those scars? Almost look like net marks, like the fish was stuck in a net and then got loose.

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,188 Posts
Yeah the deep indentions were from being wrapped in the line and the checks are from the net.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nope. That was my first flattie of last year. I've yet to get one in water less than 50 degree F. Wish I could though. I'm in central IL and it's just blues and channels 'til March. Bagged more than a few channels and a few blues so far this year, but alas, I'll be eagerly awaiting the first flattie for a while, I presume.

Peace,
Chad

21 - 40 of 41 Posts