The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Today has been a wonderful day at work (sarcasm) figured I would post some flathead pictures I have caught in the past to make a fun thread. Everyone from everywhere is welcome to post a flathead picture or as many as you want. View attachment 322086 View attachment 322087 View attachment 322088 View attachment 322089 View attachment 322090 View attachment 322091 View attachment 322092 View attachment 322093 View attachment 322094 View attachment 322095

Ya I have an obsession, flatheads for life馃槑

Premium Member
OK, What are we doing to get all these doubles?

When you go into your photo program and highlight a picture and choose it, it is automatically put into you post. You don't need to add it again by clicking the thumb nail.

And if you do get a double post you can click the three dots in the upper right corner and edit your post. move the curser is just to the left of the extra picture and then click the delete/backspace button.

I think David wants me to think he caught 6 nice flatheads but it looks a little fishy to me.

I'll clean it up.

Reactions: Catpaw

Registered
Tribute to one of this site鈥檚 legends... Mr. Robbie Robinson. He passed away in March 2017.
IMG_5338.jpg
IMG_1075.jpg

He was certainly a master flathead fisherman & contributed a lot of information to this site鈥檚 members. New members should search up some of his threads... especially the ones about 鈥淚ronhead鈥

Registered
Jon from Indiana
Discussion Starter #6
I remember reading about him in some of the old catfish insiders from back in the day and also his posts on here. That guy knew how to catch them.

Registered
I'll play, no old ones on my phone, I do have some old polaroids of some good ones but alas...they are deep in a box somewhere. I love the range of color on the fish we catch here. That one in the sunshine looked like a palamino, it was glowing like gold. Without a doubt the prettiest colored flatty ive ever seen. Beautiful fish and the start to an amazing night.

Love the pics guys. I could look at flatheads all day...actually...i look at them all day lolol!!!

Attachments

Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
J. Lewis,
All nice fish but that first one is a monster. What did he weigh in at?

Registered
Herb , that one was scaled at 38 and some change ( I think 8 or 10 OZ) I was by myself trying to take the pic and it worked out where the perspective came out really cool on the pic. (Made the fish look enormous, which ,it is big...but that pic makes it like huge!!) The one that is laying in the bottom of the boat is actually a bigger fish, I didn't weigh that one but ot was Def. Bigger, exact opposite with that pic. The pic didn't do that one justice. Doesn't even look very big in the pic. But that is the biggest one i' ve ever caught. Big beautiful fish.

I feel blessed to have caught both of those fish in one season. 2 fish in the 40 ( or close to) pound class is really great for this area.

These pics are flip flopped. There is that same 38 pounder that I'm holding in the last post. Laying next to an 8 pounder. And a pic of me holding the bigger one. ( the one that was laying in the bottom of the boat in the net last post) I dont know how much bigger that fish was than the 38, noticeable to the eye. Id hate to guess though. It was a beast to me lolol!!!

There is also an 18/24# double.

And a pic of another super bright yellow/gold one. Beautiful fish. God I love flatheads. Just the coolest dudes I could ever ask to fish for.

I've fished a lot of places for a lot of species, I live 30 minutes from raystown lake. ( home to the PA State record striper , 54...58#? Something like that...big. ) but I drive 3 and a half hours every weekend to chase flatheads instead of fishing 30 minutes from my house in fantastic striper waters lololol!!! Something about those flatheads that just speaks to me.

Being out on the water at night in my little boat by myself and doing battle with a 30 or 40 pound flathead just feels as perfect as fishing can be to me. Gives me a true feeling of going to battle. I thank god every time I'm out on that river for the opportunity to do it. I really truly , deeply love those fish.

Attachments

Registered
Thank you all for the awesome pics, I hadn't seen the ones you posted before Kris, that is some bruises.

Trophy hunter, I love the mottled color on some of those fish.

CRCanter, I saw the one of your wife's fish in an old post, but thats the first I saw the one of your PB...Both awesome fish!!! I seem to remember something about your wife wondering why people were always hugging the fish lolol!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts