Old flathead picture

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by germanmudfish, Sep 3, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nothing there?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont see nothing.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'd love to. LOL!

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    would not come up

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Its a small one!!!!:smile2:

6. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

I will need to get better glasses.:smile2:

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,there we go.

really,that guy don't look like he was even in the picture,just put there.

to me,his body size doesn't match the picture size.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Biggun !!! :eek:oooh::cool2::roll_eyes:

9. phlatheadphatty

phlatheadphatty New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As much as I would LOVE to belive , I just have to agree with the cut out theroy .

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm not sure about the photo. It is evident that, there are some huge Flatheads in Tennessee waters. My Grandfather used to tell me stories about the giant Flatheads that used to be caught being pulled out by horse and wagon. He used to tell me about 100+ lb Flatheads being caught in the Cumberland river before the building of many of the Dams. He told me about a spot, and I went and fished this spot one night with a freind. My friend hooked on to something small and was reeling it in. As it got to the top of the water......A monster flathead made a go after it and at the top of the water.....there was a big swirl and thrash about the size of a small car. The fish missed the bait which was a green mudpuppy or "Hellbender" about 12" long. There is no doubt in my mind that this Flathead was of record size....having fished for many years and never seen anything like this. We quickly lowered the mudpuppy back into the water, but the monster fish was gone back down to the depths from which it came. We caught many Flatheads from this spot over the summer that year, but not the Behemoth that lurks in the deep. I'll bet he is still there.....just waiting, lurking,hiding, and getting even bigger. I'm gonna go back to this spot one day on Old Hickory Lake and try my luck for this or maybe other Monster Flatheads.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I have seen this before. Fiction.

Tom

12. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    complete fake, somebody photoshopped it back in the early part of the century...
    Bill

13. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    well the man looks fake but it is not 800lb looks like 200/300lb and fish have indeteramint growth so in the old days that can happen

have you ever herd of the james river monster it has bin seen by divers 2 times

400lb give or take.

14. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    true but i bet we would find dead monsters

on the other hand i found a '9 sturgen on the beach called the fisheries place and they did not come

no but in the old day that kind of stuff lived in the 1800s they got 300lb blues y not a flathead

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    C'mon now everybody, Hobbits are catfishers too!:smile2:

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont know if the picture is real, but my dad grew up fishing the river, noodling, trotlines and fishing. I have saw a 108 lb flathead my uncle caught on a trotline.

My dad has caught so many fish he cant tell you down to the pound how much a catfish will weigh, and he said they were noodling on the river, and they run one out of a hole, and he said there was a shoal below where they were noodling that was about knee high of water over it, and he said this fish went over it and almost got stuck, he said it would have weighed over 200. I believe that there are some big fish in our rivers and lakes, but the average person dont have the gear to handle them.