Old evinrude parts

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by hampsterracing, Jul 11, 2007.

1. hampsterracing

hampsterracing New Member

State:
    devon - uk
    i have an old evinrude model e4brcnr serial b008581
    which i dropped. i need the mixture knob and the plastic fuel tap linkage part number324696 and the fuel/choke knob.

any ideas of who to try?

roger

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    There is a small shop in OKC that has a bunch of Evinrude parts...may have those. Send me a PM if you want additional information.

3. hampsterracing

State:
    devon - uk
    i am interested in more info.the only complication is i live in the uk

the forum will not allow me to pm yet:sad2:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'll see what I can do with the info you provided.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Went by the boat shop this afternoon. They think they have the parts but the man in the know wasn't there. If I remember (rapidly advancing old age is my excuse), I will check with them Monday.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just got off the phone with my boat friend. He tells me that he can get your parts, but could not give a firm quote on how much it would cost as his books on that engine only went up to 2002. Just ball parking the cost on those three knobs, he thought it would be between $25.00 to $30.00. He also said that you have to be very careful and certain that there is not more damage than what you can see. Sometimes the other parts to the choke gets hairline cracks in them and will fail also. But, he thought it would be less than an additional $10.00 for those parts. So, I guess you can figure on about $40.00 maximum plus postage. At least that gives you a starting point. One other point, he also said that it is taken forever and one year to get parts in. The firm that was making them sold out and another firm has taken over - he don't think they make the small ticket items very often, so it may take a while to get the parts. Let me know your thoughts.

7. hampsterracing

State:
    devon - uk
    thanks a lot for your time and the info.

i will give all of the parts a proper looking at later this week when i have time.

i also now have the address of a uk outlet who stock a lot of old parts.so i will try to contact them to see if any parts are in stock

roger

8. hampsterracing

State:
    devon - uk
    i have now bought the parts from a uk company called seamark nunn who were very helpfull and had the parts in stock!!

thanks for the help

roger