"Old" Bartlett

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Zonaman, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Do any of you recall Bartlett Lake before the road and ramps were paved, back in the old "tri-hull era?" I'd sure like to see some photos of that, esp. after one of the frequent flash foods that used to "redecorate" it!

Thanks

2. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah when i was a kid the road was dirt from carefree hwy out and we mainly camped at rattlesnake cove

3. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I do remember the day when the road was dirt, washboarded,and if a good rain came the road was a big river. It was cool back in the seventy's before the road was paved.

4. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey fred how was the fishin back in the 70's? i started fishin the verde in the late 80's but only caught channels didnt know the world of flats til i met dave last year.

5. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Back in the late 70's it was really cool. The road was not paved you never saw jet ski's,fish in the upper river and you would not see anyone all day or night. I caught a lot of nice fish. The lake was very clean back then. I wish they had never paved the road. I have an idea. Next trip out everyone bring a big trash bag and let's help pickup trash that was left by all the people that use our lake. I brought back a bag full left by others on my last trip. I love bart I just wish all the litterbugs would love it like me!

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah this last trip we got off on shore to get wood and the mess was just horrible. :angry: thats just like the horseshoe road how do some people get their dam cars in there? u need a tank sometimes to get down there.

7. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    when i was about 8 we woult go out to horseshoe lake and take the boat and it was as busy as bart but thay used to keep water in it back then and it is full of small mouth bass when thay keep it full

8. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    The Litter Bitches is why the Upper Salts best spots are now closed to vehicles. We used to bring a least two bags of garbage home that wasn't ours every time we went.

9. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona

I remember that too, it sucks when you go to someplace like that and the freakin inconsiderate people leave all their garbage everywhere. Pretty much every spot up here has at least a 6 pack of beer cans on the bank, I don't fish those spots but I do pick up their cans.

10. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yup, I remember you pickin' up cans so you could get gas to go home.

11. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I still do!!!!!!!:wink: You need to get a better job so we can travel further to fish!!!:smile2: Oh....and can you swing by and pick me up on your way to san carlos? I have some rubber worms and 12lb line, his was 14 but 12's what I got.

12. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    I know how you feel.In July I watch a guy in a row boat go into my camp and take a net.I just packed up and follow him to his camp got my net back. I was going to let him have it but had to tone it down there where little kids with him but I let him know I was unhappy and how he was teaching his kids!But some people just don't care You should have seen it in the late 50's and 60's I had many fishing trips as a kid with many family members and I thank God they were all good teachers.Your right we should pick up the trash left by others who just don't care

13. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    was the dam the same or did they add to it?

14. catman13

catman13 New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    couldnt keep the fenders on the trailer!!!:smile2:

15. manofewords

manofewords New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yep it's funny how they have enough strength to carry a full six-pack down but the empties are too heavy to carry back.

16. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: you're exactly right!

17. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    their heavy when your drunk....:smile2: j/k

18. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    teah what happen to that to that six pack that u took to carlos:big_smile: