Olathe Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Mar 21, 2007.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Anyone going to try for flatheads out there this season ?:big_smile:

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I most certainly will be fishing for flatheads out there this year! Now that I'm moved back closer to there it won't be such a bad drive.

3. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm sure that I'm going to hit it a few times,it's only about 3 minutes from the house so it's kind of handy.Good luck to any other's that are going to wet a line there.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I have never fished Olathe lake before, I dont have boat but where would you suggest fishing at?

chris

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The flats are a really good bet for cats. Across from the old golf course. Also the dam especially off the rocks. Some people have caught nice cats off the beach area but I've never had much luck there.

6. KSflatheadKING3511

KSflatheadKING3511 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i've never fished it before is it any good for flatheads if so where should i try and what bait and rig should i use

7. phlat

phlat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Friday on the way home from work I saw a few people down there fishing the creek that feeds it from the south east. The water fall was going good and probably 60% the width of the small damn thats there. Was that anyone here, and did you have any luck?

8. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    A strong rain flushes EVERYTHING out of there. Get there before the rain starts and you'll have much better luck.

That place turns into the Colorado river when it rains hard.