Olathe Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Mar 28, 2006.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  2. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hahah thats great keith. i'm actually not surprised since sarp swim so shallow. but did you catch any catfish that day?

3. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Wow keith, thats a big carp. I always cringe when I get one of those carp in my throw net. They will tear the heck out of your net sometimes. Whats worse than carp is small channel cat in the net. I was casting my net in the river once and got well over 100 little baby channels in it, there was no picking them out so I had to cut the mesh around there spines one piece at a time, I kept the net in the water at the time so I dont think I killed many. Needless to say when I was finished the net was totalled.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Ouch. Those little catfish are bad enough one at a time!

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I had to spend the week in KC. I spent most of it at Cabelas and not fishing. That was one area that I was going to try. Well next time I will. Great catch and thanks for sharing.

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Great catch Keith! Im not surprised that you got that out of there either. They have some nice fish in there.

btw, where where you fishing? The spot doesnt look familiar.

7. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Nice carp,Keith.I bet you got one heck of a workout reelin' 'em in,did'nt you?

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I was up in the Cedar Creek area, by the woods. He fought hard, but he was caught up sideways, so I didnt have a whole lot of trouble with him. He didnt hurt my net too bad either, no holes. :)

9. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    yeah we were just trying to get baitfish he pulled it up and on to shore i was like wtf man thats funny its had to be 12lbs to 15lbs funny s@@t