O'l Whiskers catish rod?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catseeman, Jun 17, 2006.

1. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Has any else used O'l whiskers catfish system rods ? I bought a 10 ft, 2 pc model OWO-102MH made by HT-TECH. Last sunday It broke a the joint. I Had an eagleclaw Blackhawk XL-VI reel with #30 line. It was a brand new rod, first trip .Anotso bg limb floated into my line and i saggedit. I was bringing inthe limb when SNAP ! itbroke. I wrapped a twig around the line and tugged it came free . I had only cast the rig twice.
    DID i get a bad one or what?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont think you got a bad one, they are just not very good rods.

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I believe flathunter is right. They aren't reputed to having very good rods, and they sell on catfish connection for around 15 dollars. You can get better rods for the same price (Eagle Claw makes one called a Water Eagle that is supposed to be awesome) and if you want, you could save up some money and get an American Premier rod, which are excellent by any standard, and under 50 dollars.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I was afraid of that . I bought spur of the moment. I know better.
    Thanks

5. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i won of these in a tourny once. the place whrere they joined was so loose and so much play it was ridiculous. so i glued them together worked good.

6. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought one snapped in half on the first fish ever. only a 3 pound fish, they did send me another one. they seem ok.. i am sure much better out there.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yesterday 6/21 I stopped by Hillcrest bait store in spencer in. they took the rod back for store credit and i got a 10ftMH berkley glow stick this time. I like the action and cannotwait to catch a cat on it.