Ol' Boatless

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Skunk Master, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok guys, looks like I'm gonna have 2,000 dollars cash to spend on a Jon Boat next month.. So keep a lookout for something in that price range that will handle the good ol Mississippi River with 2 people in it.. Looks like I'm gonna hafta change my nickname huh..

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Geeeeeeesh H, one day it is none, next find me a boat, then its stop sending them I want a lake boat, now it is back to the river........:eek:oooh: :tounge_out: Make up yer mind would ya, can't be that tuff O' job, so little there to work with...Got 2 take yer pick........ oh yea there only good on lake water, never mind.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Buy a biggin. I got a nice 150 yamaha i need to part with.:smile2:

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah I know Randy I'm picky huh.. I want the best of both worlds.. One big enough for the river but still able to fish lakes with it too..Fiberglass is too heavy, remember Bill, I'm old and need something that don't fight back.. Not sure if I'd like a bass boat on the river or not with all the barges.. I know they are hard to sink, but so was the Titanic.. Thanks guys I didn't expect responses that quick.. I won't have the money till the middle of next month or about then.. I found a 1760 Lowes Roughneck for 4500 dollars that I would kill to own.. But it's not in my price range so I'll have to pass on it..

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Is that the one with the broken starter bolt John.. Hey River Rat has been looking for a bigger motor..

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nope it's on a cajun bass boat. Starter prob.is on ole whitie, it's a 75 johnson sprint. I'm lookin for a alum. boat to put it on also.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
  8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah too bad I didn't already have a motor and trailer I could get me a new plain jane boat cheap enough.. It would just take a small fortune to outfit it.. hehehe

9. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Who needs those things Harold...you just load up the boat in the back of your truck and float down stream fishing. When it's time to go back star calling members and tell them your broke down on the water, won't be long and someone will come get you and haul you back to the dock. See problem solved. :smile2:

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    You know Randy, it sure was peacefull on here while you was spending all that time at the camper.. Bob got a new job and has been too tired to pick on me, so I've had a pretty good break.. Almost like vacation... hehehe

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Naaa, we know some folks down around Memphis, we'd just call them an have them be on the look out in a couple of days.

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah but if I remember right there's some rough water down around Chester and some concrete pillars that would kinda hurt..

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    There is absolutely no need to worry yourself about that, You'd long be dead from exposure before getting that far.:wink:

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I wouldn't be worried about me... It would be the new boat, cause I'd be back to boatless again..

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I know it's way out of your price range, but Ol Swampy has a nice 18' express for sale. Two grand would be a nice down payment.:smile2::wink:

16. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Harold have you thought about a 16 or 18 Alum. V hull there is a couple of guys that fish the tournaments that run them w/ 30 & 40 hp and have no problems.

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Should be able to pick up a nice boat for that money, good luck

18. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    I just listed it last night. If you know anyone who is interested let me know! Here is the link. http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=635544

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis